2nd Annual TBH Oklahoma Big Buck Contest, East vs West! "Mod Approved"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mix View Post
    Yes we had some history with him. This is my best friend drews family’s place. It’s a little less than 300 acres with a good amount of open land but some good thick timber as well. He was on our radar first in ‘19.

He was around again in ‘20 and became somewhat regular. He seemed to have a problem with coons. We named him coon kicker after seeing several pics of him harassing the coons and vowed jokingly that he would get a lifetime pass. He started showing up at 1 feeder every morning and evening that December . My buddy had killed his buck already and called me telling me to come up and shoot him. We talked about it some and decided to let him go and see if he could make it to this year.

This year he was on camera a lot in velvet. We were up the first weekend in October and the feeder I was supposed to hunt was not working. We had plenty of pics of him including some more of him harassing coons. We headed back up this past Friday. Saturday morning my Buddy told me to go hunt the stand coon kicker liked to hang out and to shoot him if he showed up. I asked several times if he was sure. Hahaha I got to the stand Saturday and there were tons of leaves and a good size limb that had fallen on it .it’s a gametamer style lock on 20 or so feet up. Made a lot of noise getting it cleaned up. Nothing showed that morning. We checked the cameras and he’d been there nearly every morning for several weeks. Lots of times as soon as the feeder went off he’d be there. I hunted that evening and saw a few doe and small bucks. Drew told me go hunt it again Sunday morning. I had a coon there about 10 till 7. I took it as a good sign. Feeder slung at 710 and nothing showed for 20 or so minutes. I was starting to worry he was gonna outsmart me.Around 735 I saw a deer coming in. I checked through the binos and saw it was a shooter. I didn’t look long and wasn’t 100 percent sure it was him but didn’t care honestly. He ate under the feeder for a few minutes but kept looking back behind him. He spooked a little once and headed away from me. He stopped at 35 or so yards quartered away. I drew but he turned pretty quick and went back to the feeder. I held and waited. He spooked again but this time came toward me. He stopped at 25 and turned back and gave me the most beautiful quartered away shot I’ve ever seen. I thought to myself “it’s over” and let it fly. The shot felt good and he tore out of there. I could hear what I thought was lungs bubbling as he ran by. I knew he wasn’t going far. I texted drew and grabbed the binos to look for blood or my arrow. I paint the knock end of the arrow white.I could see it down there but couldn’t see blood. That worried me and I started replaying everything in my head. I was 99% sure he was dead but worried I could t see blood on the arrow. I waited as long as I could stand and then went to check it out. Arrow was broke. No pass through but good blood on the front of it and I could see a good blood trail. I went and got my wife and kids and drew. Got on the blood immediately and my 8 year old followed it the entire way to the deer without slowing down. I hit him lower than I wanted but it did the trick. He went 150 yards or so. Shot him with a rage 2 blade. Here are a few pics of him through the years. The first one I believe is him in ‘19. The second 2 are ‘20. The last is this year. Sorry for the novel but I’m kinda excited.

[ATTACH]1068106[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068109[/ATTACH]

Great write up, Mix. “It’s over…” love it!

It’s all about the memories and you definitely have one for the ages. Congrats again.

Comment

You boys have been quiet...

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
        You boys have been quiet...
        We are busy hunting

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post

After a dry streak last season in OK, more then happy to break the spell with this fella!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thats a great looking deer

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            We are busy hunting
            Love this thread!

Comment

Y'all probably saw him on other thread. Not gonna win but he's my best ever after 50 years of hunting.
              Oh wait....nevermind...there's no deer in Oklahoma! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing animal bakin7005!

Comment

I miss hunting in Oklahoma! Nice deer fellas!

Comment

West side Johnston county Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	24669484
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5284.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	24669485

Name:	IMG_5287.jpg
Size:	362.3 KB
ID:	24669486

Name:	IMG_5286.jpg
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	24669487

Name:	IMG_5285.jpg
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	24669488

Comment

That's a dandy Mr. Muzzy!

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        That's a dandy Mr. Muzzy!

Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                          West side Johnston county [ATTACH]1071028[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]1071029[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]1071030[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]1071031[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]1071032[/ATTACH]

Heck of a deer!

Comment

Very nice deer guys!

Comment

Fine deer fellas

Comment

Nice to see this thread coming alive! Awesome harvests!

Comment

Working...
                                X