Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pond Construction Recommendation. Grayson Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s got a creek to waller in at the end of the pasture…..lol

Comment

^^^
      He's scared to wander that far. Pond will be <100 yds.

Comment

Finally !

Broke ground this morning!

Grandkids think they'll be catching fish from it b4 Christmas, lol.
        6 yo grandaugter took and sent this pic from the back yard.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211118-145349_Messages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	24669393

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Who did you decide to go with for the build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

XYZ Land &amp; Cattle Co.

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
              Who did you decide to go with for the build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Zane is the head Honcho.

He drove down a couple months ago from Coalgate, OK.

I offered him a couple $100 for the drive/consultation and also a deposit. After all this was a 4 hr round trip plus a couple hr visit.

He declined both.

Took time to give me in depth suggestions and scenarios of the construction process and genuinely came across as an honest, good guy.
              I liked him right off.

Hope my instincts are right, lol.

He put me on the schedule and kept in contact.

Hope to see the kids catching fish soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                Zane is the head Honcho.

He drove down a couple months ago from Coalgate, OK.

I offered him a couple $100 for the drive/consultation and also a deposit. After all this was a 4 hr round trip plus a couple hr visit.

He declined both.

Took time to give me in depth suggestions and scenarios of the construction process and genuinely came across as an honest, good guy.
                I liked him right off.

Hope my instincts are right, lol.

He put me on the schedule and kept in contact.

Hope to see the kids catching fish soon.

I met with Zane about a month or so ago at my place and got the same read on him. Seems like an honest man and very reasonable. Should be moving forward with our dig in February so I’m anxious to see how yours turns out!

Comment

Started.

Was dark when I got home last night & dark when I left this am.

But grand daughter sent me these pics Sunday. It's underway !

Name:	Screenshot_20211123-083146_Messages.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24669700

Name:	Screenshot_20211123-083156_Messages.jpg
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	24669701

Comment

How’s the pond? Would you still recommend Zane?

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                      How’s the pond? Would you still recommend Zane?
                      X2

Comment

It's done. Dry as a bone.
                        Came in under budget but not exactly what I wanted. Partly my fault as I was not there to instruct them as to what I wanted/what we discussed.

We discussed and I overemphasized the need to be able to drive past / around the pond.

I never spoke w the actual operator and neither did Zane apparently.
                        Dam goes nearly from my E fence to W fence. SxS can pass but tight for a truck. If he'd pushed a few smaller trash trees down it'd still been "ok".
                        And I asked him to push an old brush pile off into an old pond and he said he would.. He didn't.

So.... not overly happy but I should have been more hands on.. I work from daylight til dark then I was gone hunting on wknds.
                        Never seen it in daylight til after he was gone.

I did tell him a drive by road was still needed the day before they left. He said he'd tell the operator.

When I asked him wth he said operator didn't want to cut into back side of dam.
                        He could have pushed some old trees/brush in 30 min that would of worked.
                        Zane was just like "sorry for the luck" kind of attitude.

Still hoping to see it hold water....

Comment

Dang. Doesn’t exactly give me the warm and fuzzies for my February dig.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                            Dang. Doesn’t exactly give me the warm and fuzzies for my February dig.
                            I dealt with a lot of different people since I've bought my land and it's pretty rare to find somebody that delivers as promised when promised and at the price promised. I just don't get it. When I give somebody my word I bust my *** to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I dealt with a lot of different people since I've bought my land and it's pretty rare to find somebody that delivers as promised when promised and at the price promised. I just don't get it. When I give somebody my word I bust my *** to keep it.
                              Those pond guys are not the cheap quotes and have a long wait list.

Comment

Dang it, sorry to hear that. I did learn from the first time i had someone out that you have to be there and check in with the operator every few hours. I showed up to seeing the entire wrong side of the property dozed. I had provided a map with it drawn out and they read it upside down. SMH

Zane's guys did good for me but i was able to stop and point out what was needed.

did you treat it yet? might need to throw down some lyme or something in it and let it cure before it will hold water good.

Comment

Working...
                                X