Thank your kids teachers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
    My wife was an elementary teacher. Tough duty, long hours, and thankless parents overall.
    Yep, my wife teaches 4th grade and you are correct She also coaches the varsity cheerleaders and I have no idea why she wants to put herself through dealing with that drama on top of her normal teaching duties lol.

Comment

Have two Texas public school teachers and one private school teacher in the family.
      Has not helped my spelling, typing skills at all but the stories they share around the table would make for a terrific TV series.

Or **** a lot of people off.

Comment

The only way I could be a teacher is if they allow me to beat the kids. I never did that to mine, but other peoples kids seam to bring that out in me.

Comment

Completing my 23rd year teaching high school biology. I’m finally finding it to be a little more difficult to relate to the students and the culture. I’m sure teachers my age now thought the same thing when we were punk rockers and **** talkers in high school in the late 80s to early 90s.
          That said, I love my students so much and the subject that I teach. I still feel lucky to be able to engage both each day.
          Kids know who care and they usually respond to it. Some won’t, but most do. Amazing way to make a living, but I will bow out in 12 more years. May 2034 and will fish and hunt any day I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hats off to you teachers. Thank less job.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              I have four teachers in my immediate family and what they put with if astonishing. No way for me to do what they do. On the other side I have a daughter that is charge of ISS at our local High School. I ask her one day about why this good kid was in ISS. Her response was he slapped a girl on the butt. I promise you my High School principal would have busted your butt so hard, sent you back to class where you needed to be, and you would think twice about doing that again. Guess I'm too old to understand today's rules.

I've been teaching and coaching long enough that we still did that when I started. It was much more of an attention getter than ISS. Kids acted a whole lot better after a good ace whipping. I can't imagine the mess is would cause if that was to happen today.

Comment

Teacher and coach here for 21 years.

Thanks for the thanks!

Comment

My mother in law taught reading for 45 years. My wife is on year 26 of special Ed. She works about 60-65 hours a week teaching and filling out government forms. She does it for the kids. I wouldn’t last one week.

Comment

I've been volunteering a couple times a month and it has really opened my eyes.

God bless our teachers!

Comment

Teacher and coach Here for 6 years.

Thanks

Comment

My wife coaches middle school, and the crap they have to put up with at school, and the hours she works, are crazy.

The worst part about it to me, is the access parents have to her via email, and the **** some of these entitled asshats will "say" to her boggles my mind.

Comment

My wife is a seasoned 4th grade teacher, my mom is a 40 year teacher/admin, sister elementary teacher, and my brother is a high school algebra teacher/ head football coach. They deal with more daily than I could handle with any sanity. To all those who have responded or just glanced over, if your a teacher god bless you.

Comment

If they are anything like the teachers I know don't thank them with words. Use wine, lots of wine!

Comment

I made it 20 years in teaching and campus level administration. It was time for a change, for many reasons, so I built up my side gig to the point I could do it full time and I got out. My wife is still teaching but she is ready to go to work on an exit plan of her own.

I never got tired of the kids, and I dealt with a great many challenging kids. It's all the BS from central admin and the state/federal governments that I got sick of. Literally every time you turn around they want to add yet another requirement, more documentation, more things to do and track, more responsibilities, more duties, and no additional funding or staff to accomplish it. Teachers are just asked to suck it up, yet again, and get it done. Nothing is ever taken off their plates either. Just added. And added.

Those who are still in the trenches, good on ya! I know you catch lots of grief and disrespect, even here on this forum. Hang in there, you are making a difference for lots of kids and there are still a bunch of us out here who respect what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                                My wife is elementary assistant principal here in SA. She’s come home with scratches and bite marks from a 1st grader, girl at that. She’s been bitten twice this year so far. Really ****** me off that my wife gets assaulted at work by other peoples children and not really much that can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My wife was the elementary school principal in Fburg and she came home with the same things! Some we laughed about and others… well I can’t say what I’m thinking! And Yes, this comes from parents ultimately!

Comment

Working...
                                X