Draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Anyone beside me draw garner state park exotic 01/05-01/07-2022.
    after reading some threads here i withdrew my 2 apps for garner. not trying to discourage you, but you may do a search for garner and see what you think about going.

Comment

0 for 37 so far.

I wish non residents would have to temporarily apply for an out of state hunting license like other states do. That would hopefully limit the amount of non residents and keep it down to residents. Pretty **** crappy that you have Texans applying for decades with no luck.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by brokeno View Post
        Anyone beside me draw garner state park exotic 01/05-01/07-2022.

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        after reading some threads here i withdrew my 2 apps for garner. not trying to discourage you, but you may do a search for garner and see what you think about going.
        I think he is pulling everyone's leg. Mr. Tightpoints throwing away any points at Garner is funny.

Comment

I wish they would limit the grand slam to only Texas residents.

2 years in a row that it goes to out of staters.

Not that I’ll win it anyway, but something like that should be only for Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
            I wish they would limit the grand slam to only Texas residents.

2 years in a row that it goes to out of staters.

Not that I’ll win it anyway, but something like that should be only for Texans.
            100% , the trophy guided mule deer hunt should be Texas only, as of present Texashunters are eligible for the management mule deer draw
            Those out of state guys are chasing the bighorn hunt in the grand slam and that’s 90% of the out of state guys are gambling on
            IMO Texas has room to separate the big horn and open more mulie hunts, for Texan hunters

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
              I saw that a non-resident won the Texas Grand Slam. 2nd year in a row. Can't you just feel the love?

Another bag o pending 2nd's for us on the exotic hunts

Comment

Skunked 10 years and counting. Kid was skunked this year as well. He drew in each of his first 2 years eligibility.

Comment

my oldest daughter applied every year till she was 17 and never drew a tag ever! It was disturbing to me… to make matters worse she lost all her points( reset to 0)! our youth should be allowed to carry over their points.
                  Yet , we allow non residents to apply for our hunts( texas slam for ex) at no cost…. Some things just don’t make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                    my oldest daughter applied every year till she was 17 and never drew a tag ever! It was disturbing to me… to make matters worse she lost all her points( reset to 0)! our youth should be allowed to carry over their points.
                    Yet , we allow non residents to apply for our hunts( texas slam for ex) at no cost…. Some things just don’t make sense.

Kids can carry over points in the same hunt category. They become ineligible for youth hunts at 17, but if you apply with them on the adult hunts those points carry over and are free…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                      Kids can carry over points in the same hunt category. They become ineligible for youth hunts at 17, but if you apply with them on the adult hunts those points carry over and are free…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The only time I ever got to hunt in 10 years of applications was because of that. I put my at the time 15 year old, on my "adult" application so he'd start accumulating points and he ended up drawing so the group of course was included. We had a great hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                        I attach Hagen to every hunt I apply for, hopefully that will set him up for success when he ages out or he'll draw before. Since they're mainly for him, I apply for a ton to help his chances.

Comment

Well crap 0 for 30 6th year in a row.

Comment

Their system is broke, I hope a reduction of applicant results

Comment

Well poop… l am either not selected or pending second draw on every category I put in for. Another year of “nada”!

Comment

I'm 1 for 11 this year. 16 hunts total in 9 categories. The one I drew this year (second time to draw, ever), this made my 12th year to put in for that category. Been putting in for lower odds/high-demand draws when my points started reaching 6. It starts next week. Still have 3 pending 2nd draw.

(I'm taking lots of coolers )

Comment

Working...
                                X