Great Trip to Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Trip to Colorado

Spent 3 days fly fishing in Colorado, which is never enough. Had an epic trip with me and a buddy fishing. We had just north of 90 fish for the trip or Rainbows, Brookies and Browns. Most caught on dry flies and some on dry dropper rigs. Fished some familiar water and I always try and fish some new water, which this year did not disappoint. Fished a stretch of new water that we landed 19 Rainbows in about a 1/4 mile that ranged between 14-19.5". I'll be back to that water again next year. They've had a lot of rain up there, and a good bit while we were there which made us change locations a bit, but that's what keeps it fun. Got to see three moose during the trip, with one being a really nice bull that was about 50 yards from where we had parked to walk in. I always hate leaving there to come home, and one day I won't....

Looks like a fun trip to one of the most beautiful states in our country !

Comment

We head out tomorrow morning. Family trip but will get some time in on the water. Fishing the Arkansas and Rio and some small water too. What were they taking?

Comment

Niiiiiiiice!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
        The growth on that moose is impressive!!!![emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
          We head out tomorrow morning. Family trip but will get some time in on the water. Fishing the Arkansas and Rio and some small water too. What were they taking?
          Rio was too muddy with exception of last afternoon we were there but did not fish it. Most took small hoppers of different make in size 14-16. A few hit a small chubby cherynobl that was floatign the nymph. Only nymph I used was a green bead head pheasant tail in size 16.

Comment

Well done, sir! Nothing like fly fishing in the rocky mountains!

Comment

Thanks. We usually use hoppers or stimulators maybe a yellow humpy with something behind it. Pheasant tails, rainbow warriors or tricos. I am probably going to spend some time throwing streamers.

Comment

Looks like a great trip in beautiful country. I’m faunching at the bit to get my fly rod out again. Soon. Very soon.

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip

ThisLadyHunts I have been wrong all my life, always thought it was "chomping" at the bit

Comment

Great trip! I didn't get to go last summer or this summer. I'm way overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Looks like an awesome trip

ThisLadyHunts I have been wrong all my life, always thought it was "chomping" at the bit
                      I don’t know how to faunch either…….

Comment

Those are some beautiful little cricks. Reminds me of the Conejos above Platoro.

Comment

Trout don't live in ugly places. I spent enough time there every year to buy an annual licenses.

Comment

Good stuff right there. I just got back from Pagosa and had a great time fishing there!!!!

Comment

Maybe I missed it... what part of the state were you in? I love Colorado, minus the control Denver has on all the good parts of the state. Steamboat springs, Pagosa, Breckenridge, and Redfeathers (way up north) are my favorite places to frequent

Comment

Working...
                              X