Help with RV's... Tow behind or Class C motorhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with RV's... Tow behind or Class C motorhome

Not talking about a lease trailer but an actual RV to use on vacations around the country. Never really thought I would be interested in a class C motorhome but the idea is growing on me.

Any of you guys have experience with both a tow behind 20 to 25' trailer and a class c motorhome?

Thanks

I have had several rv bumper pull, 5th wheel, class A gas and just sold my Class A pusher. Picking up our new 5th wheel on Friday. It all boils down to your personal situation. When it was just the wife and I the pusher was great. Once our grandson moved in with us it did not work well. I would sit down and figure out how you plan to use it., how many will be in it, type of camping etc and you will be able to answer better.

Comment

Had a fifth wheel and liked it a lot. Have a class C now and like it a lot too.

If I had to pick the #1 + for each one IMO.

5th wheel- You can unhook and have a vehicle to sight see, run to the store etc.

Class C- while driving you can go to the restroom, fix a sandwich, get a drink out of the fridge, play cards, lay on the bed etc.

If I had to pick the #1 - for each oneIMO.

5th wheel - your confined to the truck while traveling. Something you never think about till you have a class C or A.

Class C - You have to either tow a car/jeep which gets you 5 mpg in most class Cs. Or you have to rent a car/jeep to sight see which is really expensive unless you rent a $19.00 dollar a day uhaul rental truck.

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Motorhome is the way to travel and trailer is the way to stay when you get where you're going. So if you spend more time on the road, motorhome

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          Motorhome is the way to travel and trailer is the way to stay when you get where you're going. So if you spend more time on the road, motorhome
          Solid advice.

Comment

Check out “Keep your day dream” on YouTube. They just did several videos on pros and cons of all RVs. Including trailer, Class A,C and a van. They rented each one out and did a vlog on each. Me personally would prefer a trailer. That way I had a vehicle to go do stuff once parked without having to unhook everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had all but a class C. Just sold my motorhome and went back to a tow behind. I never did get completely comfortable driving the motorhome. I thought about a Class C but you still need to tow a vehicle or rent one when you get to where you are going. The lack of a vehicle to drive around is the primary reason I went back to a travel trailer. It is just my wife and I at home now and a 32' travel trailer is perfect for us.

Comment

Thanks guys, great info!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

We went through this. and ended up with a bumper pull. I have 4 kids. So a 5th wheel was not going to work. So it was bumper pull with an SUV or pusher of some type. The vehicle to go do stuff was the major issue. I had a hard time with the extra 25-30K on top of the pusher for the run around car at where ever we went.

Comment

My fiance and I rented a few tow behind travel trailers last year in our efforts to decide on an rv. After that, as well as walking a few dozen floorplans/styles at dealerships, we ultimately decided that a Class C was perfect. We want to be on the road a minimum of 70 days per year and with our work schedules allowing for wifi based working without issue, a class c fit the bill. We are going to get a Rubicon as a daily driver and tow behind vehicle, as they flat tow the best/easiest and are capable of the terrain we hunt/hike/camp.

We were pulling the rentals behind our '19 F250, but ultimately decided that selling the F250 and buying the Class C was ideal for our situation, and financially they both cost the same.

The Class C is all inclusive and it's nice to not have to hitch/unhitch and all that. The Class C has an onboard generator for power while boondocking which was huge for us.

For reference, we purchased an Entegra Esteem 27U, which is 29' 11" which perfectly fits under the 30' max length for guaranteed access to 100% of state/national parks. It is important to look into the max allowable length to the parks you have in mind to avoid that issue

Comment

Had both

Biggest advantage to the class C is comfort while traveling for passengers and them having access to food and restroom without stopping. It’s also nice to pull into a park and it already be cool inside instead of waiting an hour or more for the trailer to cool off.

Comment

Working...
                      X