Savage vs Browning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage vs Browning

Looking to add a .300 Win Mag to the safe. Stuck between the Savage 110 High Country and the Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed. Already own one x-bolt in 7mm-08 and love that gun.

For the .300 which one would you go with. Will be topped with a Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15x56 with the BDC-3 reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage is like that big girl from the bar. Puts out. Pretty good too. But you don’t tell your buddies about it.

Browning is like the 9 that you usually had no chance with. Good looking and performs great. But when you wanna change something there’s very little aftermarket support. So if she’s crazy you gotta just get rid of it

Browning!
    Last edited by trophy8; 05-23-2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

^^^

That analogy is a hoot.

Comment

Savage IMO.

Comment

I use that same analogy concerning Dodge trucks.
          I would never let any of my buddies see me driving one

Comment

I own both Savage and Browning rifles and either one will do the job. Sometimes you have to look past the name. Both need a little touch up here and there. Mostly in the trigger department.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Savage is like that big girl from the bar. Puts out. Pretty good too. But you don’t tell your buddies about it.

Browning is like the 9 that you usually had no chance with. Good looking and performs great. But when you wanna change something there’s very little aftermarket support. So if she’s crazy you gotta just get rid of it

Browning!
              End thread!

Comment

Browning!

Now that’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning!
                  This is hysterical!

Comment

Browning for a pretty rifle with fit and finish. But if you're a stickler for tiny little groups time after time, Savage seems to get it done. Brother bought a browning in & 7 Mag. If you're happy with 1 1/2 groups......meh go for it. Browning factory trigger blows. I'm sorry, it just does. The accutrigger is better. I've shot his 7 mag, and we turned it all the way down, and I've messed with others.

Or just buy a Bergara. Good trigger, nice build, shoots small groups. Problem solved.
                    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 05-23-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

This may or may not help you! Savage bore rifles are made in the Great old USofA and browning bore rifles are made in Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        This may or may not help you! Savage bore rifles are made in the Great old USofA and browning bore rifles are made in Japan!
                        That is what always broke my heart about Browning. Japanese made guns.
                        Miroku(Brownings maker in Japan) is a fine maker and the guns they make are excellent. Just made in Japan.
                        My vote is for the Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                          Browning for a pretty rifle with fit and finish. But if you're a stickler for tiny little groups time after time, Savage seems to get it done. Brother bought a browning in & 7 Mag. If you're happy with 1 1/2 groups......meh go for it. Browning factory trigger blows. I'm sorry, it just does. The accutrigger is better. I've shot his 7 mag, and we turned it all the way down, and I've messed with others.

Or just buy a Bergara. Good trigger, nice build, shoots small groups. Problem solved.
                          I’ve shot a new X bolt of a buddies. It shot .4” with factory ammo and I was pleased woth the factory trigger. I’m one of the biggest trigger snobs you’ll meet too. Not every browning is junk. His is a hells canyon. I don’t own many factory guns. But I’d gladly buy a browning. I’ve seen savage shoot like crap too. ALL savage rifles are incredibly ugly too lol.

Comment

[ATTACH]1050672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1050673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1050674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1050675[/ATTACH]

Comment

Browning’s just shoulder and point well for me. I’m a fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X