Deepest pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deepest pond?

What's the deepest verified pond you've ever had on your property or fished, 1 acre or less?

14' deep.... pond was 0.10 acres. (40 yds long by 10 yds wide). The dirt was removed to build a house pad and driveway. Caught a bunch of hybrid bluegill and turned loose in there along with a dozen bass and 57 catfish.

Comment

I I that all depends on shape, but if I remember right, there is a certain standard, such as a 3 to 1 scale. Meaning 1 ft of drop for every 3 feet across. My dads is right at 1 acre and is 15ft deep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The pond at our farm is about and acre give or take, at its deepest point it is about 27’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30ish feet deep depending on water level. Just filled up a couple days ago thank goodness. It was looking low the other day.

Comment

As a kid I used to fish some 100 year old strip pit ponds in NE Oklahoma that seemed to me to be bottomless. Water was really clear so local folks did scuba certifications there. Had to be 50-60 feet deep.

Comment

The one in my back yard. Prob 1/10 of an acre and 20+ deep. Just a real deep hole and a spring keeps it constant level.

Comment

For livestock watering you can only go so steep on banks so the deeper you go the bigger it needs to be. Recreation any size and any angle on the bank. To answer the question. 17 foot on a 1/2 acre tank in Mills county.
                Last edited by doghouse; 05-21-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a small pond that i had dug last year. It’s 30’ deep

Comment

I just had an old pond that had completely been silted in over the years and was just a low spot mud hole dug out. Looked to be about 25 feet deep. Thanks to the rains it is not only full but it is running around into the spill way. Its about 1 acre in size. Got 500 hybrid bluegill, 400 channel cats, and 10 pounds of fathead minnows coming on Wednesday. Building a fish feeder too.

Comment

Never saw the need for 20’ depths in wet country.
                      Central or south texas, different story.

Give me one that has lots of shallows. Weeds are a good thing.

Comment

70ft deep. It was a blowout hole. A whole drilling rig and big dozer was at the bottom of it. The drilling company sent divers down to see if it could be recovered and they said no as it sank into the sand. The divers said the deepest point was 70ft. Hard to catch bass as the water was so clear. Natural baits and light line was the ticket.

Comment

13' when full.

Comment

My inlaws pond at the farm is about 1.5 acres and is 16ft in the middle on the dam end. My sisters pond is maybe .75 acres and is over 20' in the middle.

Comment

78’ quarry ponds in Florida. Crystal clear and used to scuba in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X