Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling blackout

Just hear that they may do rolling blackouts for 30 min to 60 min around the state starting tonight through Tuesday.

Evidently the wind turbines have froze up and can't add to our capacity.

I bought a new generator yesterday just in case something like this happened. More due to blackouts and less about the windmills. The last winter storm than came through we had power issues for 15 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This kind of stuff aggrevates me....shows how screwed we all are if something bad really happens. Over the past year there have been signs after signs of when things are needed the most, that's when you can depend on them the least.

It just seems that we could be past the point of not being able to handle a few days of cold weather, especially when other parts of the country can handle it for months at a time every year.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        This kind of stuff aggrevates me....shows how screwed we all are if something bad really happens. Over the past year there have been signs after signs of when things are needed the most, that's when you can depend on them the least.

It just seems that we could be past the point of not being able to handle a few days of cold weather, especially when other parts of the country can handle it for months at a time every year.

Bad Analogy. There's only so much power/electricity to be had. Factor in everyone (and their dog house literally) running just "1" extra space heater. That's an extra 1-2000 kwh being used per household! The Grid can't support that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Bad Analogy. There's only so much power/electricity to be had. Factor in everyone (and their dog house literally) running just "1" extra space heater. That's an extra 1-2000 kwh being used per household! The Grid can't support that.
          Should have planned and built a bigger grid

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post

Wait until Ole Joe gets the rest of his orders from Obama, this gig is just getting started.

Comment

Comment

I'm in this outage right now. Holy crap. Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210214-213429_Nextdoor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24644692

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

There’d be more if the asshes hadn’t been trying so hard to stop natural gas, and coal plants, and pushing this fraudulent wind BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a huge outage if it’s not a rolling blackout
                    It would have to be on the Transmission/generation side I would think for that large of an area.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      I'm in this outage right now. Holy crap. [ATTACH]1040626[/ATTACH]
                      That sucks. Hope they get it back on for you soon. I have PEC also but I'm just outside that area.

Comment

Covid 19. I am thinking of thousands of restaurants that are shuttered and dark. I am thinking of the thousands of other businesses, movie theatres, sport venues, dance halls, and many more that are Covid Closed. Due to decreased demand lots of manufacturing plants are shut down or on a reduced operating schedule. I am thinking of all the thousands of other businesses that do not maintain a operating office anymore, everyone works from home. All that electricity not being used.

We should have a ton of surplus power available

Comment

Germany has been in bad shape recently with snow covered solar panels and frozen wind turbines.

They had to bring coal plants back online to 100% and are barely keeping up.

Wind turbines and solar are total junk. Hopefully the US doesnt get too stupid with it like they did.

Comment

Bad Analogy.
                            How? other cities and states handle it all the time. I understand building things on the cheap because we dont use it very often, cutting corners in every industry is a thing. Things like this are just an example of how fine of line we are all walking when it comes to things that we take for granted. A few days of unnormal uses and everything goes to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              There’d be more if the asshes hadn’t been trying so hard to stop natural gas, and coal plants, and pushing this fraudulent wind BS.
                              Yep. And they don't put heat pumps in their houses up north. Our first house was a rent house that was all electric. It sucked when it was cold. I swore I'd never own a house that didn't have gas heat. I've stuck to that. My air handler is still electric though, so I'm hoping our electricity stays on tonight and the rest of the week.

I need to get a generator before "next time".

Comment

Working...
                              X