New pool? Sloped property...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pool? Sloped property...

We are seriously considering putting in a pool sometime before spring. Has anybody on here had any experience with inground pools on a hillside? We have 2 acres that is extremely hilly so retaining walls will be needed. The area I'm looking at probably has 5-6' of slope across the area the pool would be in.This will add a cool feature to the design but will probably blow our budget. Do you think it's possible to have a smallish pool put in for 50-60k or so? We want to keep the design fairly basic. The only feature we would like would be a waterfall feature 4' or so above water that we can jump off of.

Yep. We just put ours in a few months ago. My back yard is small but slopes down about 2’ over about a 33’ span. Pool comes out of the ground about 18-20” in the back and used the actual pool shell as the retaining wall. Have two water spout things on an 18” “jumping wall” as I like to call it. I did a thread on it. We’re extremely happy with it and the builder. PM me if you have more questions.

Comment

I've had several installed on slopes. No problems. Cuts down on excavation... I used Cody Pools. However, they were salt and cost 80k-100k. I would think you could get down to your price range with a drop in fiberglass pool.

Comment

In the process of designing ours right now. One thing you can do to cut down on stress and cost is go ahead and have your pool designed first. This way everyone is bidding on the same thing and you can get a idea of the true costs.

We have 2.49 acres and 3-6 slope in the pool area but its front to back and left to right. Our design has a infinity edge, spa, tanning ledge and grotto. Its 700 plus sf and so far first bid came back at $75k.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The sloop can actually help create a cool feature. Make it a swim up bar. The pools edge can be the top of the bar and build a covered Bbq area on the outside so that you are lower thN the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            The sloop can actually help create a cool feature. Make it a swim up bar. The pools edge can be the top of the bar and build a covered Bbq area on the outside so that you are lower thN the pool.
            Yep, This

Comment

Should not be an issue at all. How many gallons u doing??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                Add pool designer to mitch's list of talents.....can't go wrong with anything that has bar, Bbq and pool in it

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Should not be an issue at all. How many gallons u doing??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Not sure yet. Size may be limited by cost. I have a buddy with a pool company so I am going to meet with him to see what we maybe looking at as far as cost goes and see what designs will possibly fit our budget.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                    In the process of designing ours right now. One thing you can do to cut down on stress and cost is go ahead and have your pool designed first. This way everyone is bidding on the same thing and you can get a idea of the true costs.

We have 2.49 acres and 3-6 slope in the pool area but its front to back and left to right. Our design has a infinity edge, spa, tanning ledge and grotto. Its 700 plus sf and so far first bid came back at $75k.

That doesn't sound bad for the features that you listed. What is the average overall dimensions and depths? We don't want to do the infinity edge, tanning ledge, or spa. But we would like a grotto that we can also get on and jump off of. We pretty much have a basic design in mind so we can get apples to apples quotes from the different builders.

Comment

Our lot isn’t sloped but we are putting in a 3.5 - 8’ pool, 107 perimeter feet, with a margarita table, tanning ledge, diving rock, benches in the deep end, (2) LED lights, attached spa, safety cover and over 1100 sq/ft of decking/steps/sidewalks for $72k.

We are doing our own electrical and gas though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang, concrete ponds are freaking expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          That doesn't sound bad for the features that you listed. What is the average overall dimensions and depths? We don't want to do the infinity edge, tanning ledge, or spa. But we would like a grotto that we can also get on and jump off of. We pretty much have a basic design in mind so we can get apples to apples quotes from the different builders.
                          Yeah, $75k isn't awful. I have a buddy who just finished his and he spent well over $100k... my hangups are that we're building a new house too. My wife is managing the build so I know how much we can save if "we" contract out our own pool also. Lol! But I know she already has her hands full and she says she doesn't want to do it. If I can her to do it it's probably going to be on the condition we wait a year and I want to be swimming this summer in my own pool.

Here is my design.

If you don't want a spa, tanning ledge etc. I've seen companies like Sunshine pools advertising $39,000 deals

Comment

Did you end up building your pool? We are in the same situation with exact slope of land that you described.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you build some type of runoff drainage system. So rain water does not flow down hill into your pool. It will make your pool very dirty, after a hard rain. We thought about a in ground pool, we also live on the side of a hill. It has rained pretty hard multiple times since we moved here. The water flows down hill carrying everything down hill. I box bladed our yard, then put down a lot of grass seed, before we had some good rains. I would say about 50% or more of the grass seed we put down the first time, wound up sprouting down at the bottom of the hill. We had to reseed the yard. The rock around the house washed out of place and winds up all over the front yard, after a heavy rain. We are going to have to make furrows to slow the water flowing down hill. After we do that, then figure out a way of diverting water flowing down hill, where we want to put a pool, we may put in a pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X