Looking to buy new 4wheeler for son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy new 4wheeler for son

Looking to buy a new 4wheeler for my son, for his birthday around 500cc.+/- Thanks

Polaris sportsman 570 is the way to go. We love ours! Plenty of power, but small enough to fit in the bed of a half ton. Would do it again in a heart beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New to him or brand new?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        New to him or brand new?
        Would like new but if something else comes along I would take a look at it.

Comment

Honda rancher or Yamaha Kodiak IMO. I'd personally stay away from anything Polaris or can am if worried about longevity

Comment

I would get something with independent suspension. Borrowed my brother’s for a while and felt every little bump. If you want quiet, look at Honda, but that is what my brother has, so not sure Honda makes independent suspension. I drove a Yamaha for a long time before it burnt up and everybody that rode on the back said it was the smoothest ride they ever had.

Comment

Hard to beat Honda

Comment

Hondas are legendary for longevity. I've always owned Polaris machines. The ride is smooth and they seem to hold together well if you don't try to make a submarine out of them and do the recommended maintenance. My newest is a 2007. I don't feel the need to "upgrade". I'm a member of a couple of Polaris groups on Facebook. Looking at the abuse that some of these juvenile adults put the machines through, take extreme care if you do consider a used machine. If it has a snorkel kit, walk away regardless of how clean and shiny the machine is.

Comment

Thanks guy for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep definitely independent suspension.
                    Polaris and Honda hold the highest resale values from what I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X