No announcement yet.

Hay season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finished up our first round Saturday. I didn't think I could hate hogs worse than I did.

Comment

Half done at my place last Friday and the rattle snakes are on the move ..... Be safe

Comment

First cutting here the last 4 days

Comment

Still waiting on ours to be cut as of this weekend. That stuff is tall too. Hopefully it's done soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I have a small place in Parker county that I need cut/baled. Likely square bales will be best. Having a hard time finding someone to cut less than 10 acres. If anyone has any leads please let me know. We are in our 5th season of growing coastal and need to get a cutting done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Pm sent !

Comment

For sure a challenging year this year. Only 7 weeks behind on getting started. Baled the first bale 6 days ago….got 1400 acres to bale this year! Got some fertilizer put out today and got a little rain on it! Good luck to everybody out there!
              Attached Files

Comment

Raining good here now.
                Glad I got it cut when I did.

Comment

Not only have I not been able to get my baler here, he is not even in sight. He bales all of my neighbors ' places.

I need him asap mostly now to help reduce the bug population. Oh, and there's that hay thing.

Comment

My eyes are itching and I can't breath through my nose just from reading this thread.

Comment

We received a little over 2” of rain here last night north of Lufkin. Hopefully the surrounding farmers cut during the week of no rain.

Comment

First cutting got 300 at the house & 460 at deer camp. Will probably just cut once on most but not for sure. Fertilizing this week and had good rain last weekend so hay bottoms are growing back quickly.

160 bales out of the best field (22 acres). I was proud of that.
                        Attached Files

Comment

our hay guy timed an open window of rain earlier and about to get 2nd cutting.

Comment

It's tough down here on the coast. This is the wettest summer I can remember.

We were fortunate to get ours rolled up on the 3rd week of June. If we didn't own all the equipment, we might not have gotten it done before the rain hit again. For our area, that was the only week to do hay this summer as it has been raining non stop!

We should be ready to cut "square bale quality" hay in a couple weeks. I hope it quits raining so it doesn't get too high for that. Need to put up about 1000 squares.

Comment

Hoppers moved in and pretty much took the landowners good grass just before it got cut.
                              They didn't get to all the meadows but was pretty disappointing. The hay guy said he had his place sprayed 2 years in a row and got rid of them. Landowner is going to have to make a decision we think. His meadows are not large but could be flown fixed wing.

Comment

I'm a lucky one as I've had two cuttings. Some neighbors got one so far and some still haven't gotten first cutting. But I had army worms eat up most of my tifton last week. ankle deep water in that field now.

Comment

Working...
                                X