X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine put together now hopefully it shoots as good as it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot the new set up In between rain this afternoon noon and so far I wasn’t exactly impressed but I’m sure it need to foul out and break in. Best group was .39@50yards using lapua Midas plus. Average groups were .59-75” using Norma tac and CCI mini mags.

Hopefully more annoying tests I can get this down to 1/2 moa at 50 yards.

Comment

only true way to test a 22lr rifle accuracy is 100 yards and beyond ... can't tell much at 50 .. we have a course setup to practice long range without having to sling 1$ per shot on high power rifles... piano keys at 75 yard. 2" targets at 100 3" at 150 , 4" and 6" at 200 , and a 12" we move to 300 to 400 ... i put a 30 moa base on my 10/22 , takes me 11.5 mil to get to 3 and 19.5 to get to 4 .. i still run out of elevation on the scope and have to use my mil dot to get there. we built a czech hedgehog out of wood we can shoot off , sometime with bag , sometimes without.. some are 3 shot groups .. 1 prone , one kneeling , one standing front supported only.targets are in all directions, so the wind calls change all the time, some time we even change direction during the same course of fire, so it's even different from shot to shot . he runs a tikka t3 , i ran a 10/22 with a green mountain barrel .. he kicks my butt most of the time, the tikka is just more accurate or should i say consistent .. I just got a base for my cz 452 .. that will be a game changer , the cz is WAY more consistent than my 10/22. i'd shoot my krico , but i just don't want to put it through the abuse.

bushnell makes a purpose built scope for these kind of matches as by rule it has to be under $500 ... my friend just bought one they are in stock ... bushnell 6-24x50 ffp, they don't sell to resellers, you have to order straight from them . whole setup needs to be under 1k. so gun 500 scope 500... I won't be competing in matches like he does , i just don't have the drive, but i love to practice as it makes you a better shooter, practicing shooting from uncomfortable positions etc .. proof is in the pudding, i slammed a pig this weekend with my 243 resting on a branch standing at 120... also connected 2 out of 3 with my NPAP 90 and red dot on a full size pig steel standing at 365 yards.... practice practice practice you can learn alot from practicing with a 22lr. and the 10/22 is probably the most popular semi auto ever ... definitely the most customizable.
        Last edited by imyomama; 06-30-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          Shot the new set up In between rain this afternoon noon and so far I wasn’t exactly impressed but I’m sure it need to foul out and break in. Best group was .39@50yards using lapua Midas plus. Average groups were .59-75” using Norma tac and CCI mini mags.

Hopefully more annoying tests I can get this down to 1/2 moa at 50 yards.
          Hope it gets better..................

Comment

Originally posted by Matthewc131 View Post
            Hope it gets better..................

Yeah me too other wise I’ll be calling volquarsten lol. I’m sure it needs to be fouled out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a stock ruger charger. I've been thinking about a folding brace. Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone have the one linked below? This looks like a good deal for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                What barrels are you running on your takedowns?
                Both are Pike Arms 16.5" .920 Threaded Bull Barrels

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  My son built one without a suppressor that you can only hear the action cycle. A serious bull barrel is something........

Any idea what the specs are? I’m looking to build one.

Comment

Going to list a 10/22 with a threaded and fluted Kidd barrel pretty soon. Y’all watch for it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      FIFY

I’m willing to bet we ALL have the same problem!
                      I’m willing to bet it’s an ammo problem. Indian seemed to have done a good job. Plenty of posts on Rimfire Central about ammo being inconsistent. Lot to lot, brand to brand.

Way better than I ever could imagine.

Comment

The magpul whistle pig combo is complete. Threw a Burris 3x9 scope on it. Hope to get out this weekend to do a little shooting.

Comment

we need bigger pics ! can't see the gun!

Comment

Got a 10/22 from FJ Feddersen today. Has one of their 16" fluted bull barrels and is threaded for a can I have coming hopefully in the next 4 months. Only other item I got on it is a Hogue stock and the BX trigger.

I need to get a picatinny rail for it. What do you guys suggest? I saw Larue has one but they are pretty pricey but I am willing to spend the money if it is worth it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to Matt I have a picture to contribute to this thread. TBH express was completed today and just stuck a scope on her. Raccoons beware!

Comment

Any updates from recent builds showing accuracy?

Comment

Working...
                                X