No announcement yet.

Nice or naive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 72 and look it and feel it. I get offered help fairly often. It's physical help for the most part.
    Bless those folks, and after I smile about the good people can offer, I have to deal with a bit of facing fact. I don't deal with slinging Quickcrete in the back of the truck very well anymore.

Comment

I used to be more like that but I've been burned way too many times. I don't even trust family with money because they're the quickest to screw you over seems like. And because of that I'm more likely to pull over and help a complete stranger than a member of my own family. I just don't trust people as much as I used to. I didn't ask to be that way. Wasn't born that way but was broken down and rebuilt that way. Be kind to everyone, trust no one. Sadly you just can't now days.

As for getting burned well, I did what I thought was right at the time. Learned from it and made a mental note of who I definitely cannot trust whatsoever.

To answer your question I'd say you're a little of both. More nice than naive because you didn't trust something about the guy at the gas pumps obviously. So you're aware that you can't trust everyone.
      Last edited by okrattler; 07-01-2021, 12:01 AM.

Comment

"If they can ask you for money they can also say "Welcome to McDonalds" - Michael Jordan

Comment

On the 2nd story, he was leading/steering you, which means he was targeting you. Completely different approach than the first story. People that steer conversations like in the story you referenced, are doing it with an intention and I'd be he is some type of con.

Comment

"Spidy Senses" is god's gift to all of us. I don't question it. It has kept me alive more than once!

Comment

Working...
            X