Crossbow recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Ordered a CP Sniper and the next day I ordered the upgraded trigger kit from Rich. I received the trigger kit yesterday, still waiting on the crossbow. My research shows that the trigger kit makes all the difference in the Sniper.

Awesome.
    In for updates on installation and performance.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought a Ravin. Haven't mounted the scope yet.

Comment

Ordered a CP Sniper and the next day I ordered the upgraded trigger kit from Rich. I received the trigger kit yesterday, still waiting on the crossbow. My research shows that the trigger kit makes all the difference in the Sniper.

I’ll be ordering the trigger upgrade soon. The CP Sniper is plenty accurate so far, but that trigger is traaaaash!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I’ll be ordering the trigger upgrade soon. The CP Sniper is plenty accurate so far, but that trigger is traaaaash!

Keep us posted Dale. I’m going to order one myself.

Comment

So who’s done the trigger job on the Sniper 370 themselves.?
            Or who’s removed the trigger and sent it to Richard.?

Comment

This thread has lots of good info & is timely.

I just bought a hunting lot that is bow/crossbow only. I want to go the crossbow route, and am just getting started in my research.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post

Good question. I think I'm going to go this route. I'll have to search YouTube for a video on how to do it because I have no clue.

Comment

Awesome.
                  In for updates on installation and performance.!!

I plan on shooting/sighting it in with the factory trigger then I’ll do the upgrade and let you know.

Comment

I talked to Rich and he says that it’s cheaper to DIY. He sends you a video and instructions on how to do the procedure. He claims that “if your handy with tools, it shouldn’t be a problem “. I’m a former aircraft mechanic so I qualify as being “handy with tools” so I’ll give it a shot. Lol.

Comment

I talked to Rich and he says that it’s cheaper to DIY. He sends you a video and instructions on how to do the procedure. He claims that “if your handy with tools, it shouldn’t be a problem “. I’m a former aircraft mechanic so I qualify as being “handy with tools” so I’ll give it a shot. Lol.
                      Post back please with if its worth getting the new trigger, and if its something something someone thats not mechanically inclined can do. TY

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                        Post back please with if its worth getting the new trigger, and if its something something someone thats not mechanically inclined can do. TY
                        Ok guys, I got the Sniper 370 in and sighted it in and shot it at 10,20,30,40 and 50 yards. I was impressed with the power and accuracy across the board. It didn’t sound all that loud but I’m sure that’ll be different in the quiet of the woods.
                        Yesterday I installed the trigger upgrade. It took me about 4.5 hours to do the job. Now that I know what I’m doing, I’m sure that I could do it much faster but I was constantly rereading the instructions and reviewing the video to make sure that I understood everything in each step before proceeding. Also, grandkids asking questions every five minutes doesn’t help either.
                        Now Rich says that if you’re handy with tools, there’s nothing to this and I would agree with him but it really helps if you have the tools. I have the tools and I am a retired aircraft mechanic. I’ve done a lot of modifications and fabrication on fighter jets, so to be honest, this job was second nature to me.
                        The results??? OMG! The difference is amazing!
                        The Sniper, as those who own one know, has the worst trigger ever made. A Daisy BB gun has a precision jeweled snipers trigger compared the Sniper 370. To say it sux is an understatement. It has about a half inch creep or at least that’s what it feels like. It Probably isn’t over a 1/4 inch. I don’t have a trigger scale but it feels like the poundage is around 7-10 pounds. Surprisingly enough though, as bad as the trigger is, she was pretty accurate at all yardage. I wouldn’t shoot at the same spot with more than one bolt at a time. Did that with the first two shots at 10 yards and almost robin hooded.
                        So, I shot her with the trigger upgrade and the results exceeded my wildest expectations. There was absolutely no creep whatsoever. The trigger broke like glass. I have a precision, custom made .270 that has a trigger like this but I never thought I’d see one like it in a crossbow.
                        Like I said, I don’t have a scale but my best guess is that the pull was about 3 lbs. Can’t complain about that. My first shot was so crisp and clean, it was scary.

My recommendation, go for it. You won’t be disappointed. Your bow goes from alright to fantastic.

I would recommend that anyone who is thinking of doing this mod, watch the video and decide if it’s right for you. (I’ll post it at the end)

I’ll offer my tools, experience and time to help anyone that thinks they may not be able to handle it. But, you’ve got to come to me. Btw, I like JD and Shiner, just sayin.

The instructions that Rich sends with the kit is lacking in some information but the video really helps bring it all together.

Here the video.

Comment

Ok guys, I got the Sniper 370 in and sighted it in and shot it at 10,20,30,40 and 50 yards. I was impressed with the power and accuracy across the board. It didn’t sound all that loud but I’m sure that’ll be different in the quiet of the woods.
                          Yesterday I installed the trigger upgrade. It took me about 4.5 hours to do the job. Now that I know what I’m doing, I’m sure that I could do it much faster but I was constantly rereading the instructions and reviewing the video to make sure that I understood everything in each step before proceeding. Also, grandkids asking questions every five minutes doesn’t help either.
                          Now Rich says that if you’re handy with tools, there’s nothing to this and I would agree with him but it really helps if you have the tools. I have the tools and I am a retired aircraft mechanic. I’ve done a lot of modifications and fabrication on fighter jets, so to be honest, this job was second nature to me.
                          The results??? OMG! The difference is amazing!
                          The Sniper, as those who own one know, has the worst trigger ever made. A Daisy BB gun has a precision jeweled snipers trigger compared the Sniper 370. To say it sux is an understatement. It has about a half inch creep or at least that’s what it feels like. It Probably isn’t over a 1/4 inch. I don’t have a trigger scale but it feels like the poundage is around 7-10 pounds. Surprisingly enough though, as bad as the trigger is, she was pretty accurate at all yardage. I wouldn’t shoot at the same spot with more than one bolt at a time. Did that with the first two shots at 10 yards and almost robin hooded.
                          So, I shot her with the trigger upgrade and the results exceeded my wildest expectations. There was absolutely no creep whatsoever. The trigger broke like glass. I have a precision, custom made .270 that has a trigger like this but I never thought I’d see one like it in a crossbow.
                          Like I said, I don’t have a scale but my best guess is that the pull was about 3 lbs. Can’t complain about that. My first shot was so crisp and clean, it was scary.

My recommendation, go for it. You won’t be disappointed. Your bow goes from alright to fantastic.

I would recommend that anyone who is thinking of doing this mod, watch the video and decide if it’s right for you. (I’ll post it at the end)

I’ll offer my tools, experience and time to help anyone that thinks they may not be able to handle it. But, you’ve got to come to me. Btw, I like JD and Shiner, just sayin.

The instructions that Rich sends with the kit is lacking in some information but the video really helps bring it all together.

Here the video.
                          https://youtu.be/h44WMngMz9E

Nice write up. And glad it is a great improvement. I added limb saver pack from academy. And monkey tail string silencers instead of those that came in the pack. Haven’t shot it yet since installing it all.
                          And definitely will be getting the trigger up grade.

Comment

Just go for it and buy the new Ravin 500E lol....$3,500 gets you 500 fps and 222 lbs of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                              Just go for it and buy the new Ravin 500E lol....$3,500 gets you 500 fps and 222 lbs of energy.
                              Haha, yeah man...$239.99 on my fixed income sounds a whole lot better than $3,500. And it will still keel.

Comment

Haha, yeah man...$239.99 on my fixed income sounds a whole lot better than $3,500. And it will still keel.

“It’s not the bow and arrow, it’s the Indian “!

Comment

Working...
                                X