May 15, 2010(Long Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Year 11 in the books and trucking right along. I give all the credit to God and a great support system. Life is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Another great testimony. Nice job.
    28 years ago come August at a rehab facility I hit my knees and asked God to remove the oppression of addiction from me. Every day I still celebrate that supernatural healing I received that day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
      Keep trucking along.

Will do

Comment

Love this yearly update. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Quitter

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
            Quitter

**** right lol

Comment

I bump this to the top every year so that maybe someone can see it and know it can be done.
              Without God,family, and friends it is hard to do.

Comment

Congrats on 11 years

Comment

Keep it rolling.

Comment

Praise God

Comment

Congrats, one day at a time.

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Reading that sounded all too familiar

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing that!
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Congratulations on eleven years of sobriety! This accomplishment is a true testament to your mettle and a tribute to your constitution as many never come close to wrestling the demon on their back to the ground the way you seem to have done.

While I, myself, am far from devoid of bad habits and self-defeating behaviors, I am blessed that, thus far, none have ever evolved to the point of ruining relationships or preventing personal and professional functionality, and for that, I am grateful.

Nevertheless, like most everyone else, I have close friends and a few family members who I believe are in the same situation in which you found yourself. Since you seem so open and willing to share your experience in an effort to help others, I have a few questions for you:

First, looking back on your life, at what point would you now say it was apparent you either had--or were going to have--a problem with alcohol? What, in your perspective, would have changed this at the time?

Second, what, in your view, might have been the cause, or may have led you to, developing an addiction to alcohol? Is there a rate of alcoholism in your family? Was there a particular traumatic event that predicated the need to "self medicate"? Was it, in your opinion, a condition of brain chemistry and biology (i.e., depression, anxiety, etc.).

I ask because I wonder if the ability to recognize seemingly innocuous affectations before they evolve to self-destructive behaviors (of any kind) might potentially allow one the opportunity to derail a friend or loved one from the destructive path on which they may be traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              Congratulations on eleven years of sobriety! This accomplishment is a true testament to your mettle and a tribute to your constitution as many never come close to wrestling the demon on their back to the ground the way you seem to have done.

While I, myself, am far from devoid of bad habits and self-defeating behaviors, I am blessed that, thus far, none have ever evolved to the point of ruining relationships or preventing personal and professional functionality, and for that, I am grateful.

Nevertheless, like most everyone else, I have close friends and a few family members who I believe are in the same situation in which you found yourself. Since you seem so open and willing to share your experience in an effort to help others, I have a few questions for you:

First, looking back on your life, at what point would you now say it was apparent you either had--or were going to have--a problem with alcohol? What, in your perspective, would have changed this at the time?

Second, what, in your view, might have been the cause, or may have led you to, developing an addiction to alcohol? Is there a rate of alcoholism in your family? Was there a particular traumatic event that predicated the need to "self medicate"? Was it, in your opinion, a condition of brain chemistry and biology (i.e., depression, anxiety, etc.).

I ask because I wonder if the ability to recognize seemingly innocuous affectations before they evolve to self-destructive behaviors (of any kind) might potentially allow one the opportunity to derail a friend or loved one from the destructive path on which they may be traveling.

Just saw this. I’ll write a response this evening. Lot of good questions.

Comment

Year 12 in the books. I like to bump this every year in the hopes that somebody who is struggling like I was sees it and knows all is not hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                                X