Brisket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Actually no.... the color is a combination of it all. But specifically, the layered smoke darkens the bark.... the heat renders the fat and meat juices to help create the layers the smoke darkens

haha it literally says heat and oxygen is how bark is formed in your article. I cook hot and fast (350 deg) and get great bark. To each there own.

Comment

Brisket question

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      haha it literally says heat and oxygen is how bark is formed in your article. I cook hot and fast (350 deg) and get great bark. To each there own.

The question from the OP is dark bark prominent on Texas brisket. I never said heat wasn’t a part of the process . Read further. You think you could put bark on a brisket in an oven?... heat is heat and oxygen is oxygen right? Tell me how that works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh....just go to Dickies.

Comment

Thanks a lot !
          Now I’m craving brisket.

Comment

It has been many moons since I smoked a brisket but did one for Mother's Day. Just like riding a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              It has been many moons since I smoked a brisket but did one for Mother's Day. Just like riding a bike.
              That look good, but your gonna catch He11 for using that foil. The "Peach Paper Police" no likey the foil.

Comment

Being a Coloradan is more than likely the problem! Who da hell in Colorado knows how to BBQ???

Comment

facepalm, I hope my sarcasm meter is broke......

Comment

You must be joking! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                      That look good, but your gonna catch He11 for using that foil. The "Peach Paper Police" no likey the foil.
                      The paper vs. foil vs. no wrap always depends on how long the I want the cook to take and who I'm feeding. Guarantee, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between any of the methods.

Comment

Brisket question

Not to hijack the thread but saw a video on using tallow when you wrap in butcher paper to help with moisture retention. The theory is that this is what Franklin does at his place in Austin. If that’s the case, Franklin’s brisket still has really good bark.

Anyone else experimented with beef tallow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Being a Coloradan is more than likely the problem! Who da hell in Colorado knows how to BBQ???
                          Lotta things we can do up here, just as good or better then most. Have an open mind is one of them SA.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            Lotta things we can do up here, just as good or better then most. Have an open mind is one of them SA.
                            What does the SA mean in your last sentence? Are you talking to all of San Antonio?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              What does the SA mean in your last sentence? Are you talking to all of San Antonio?

I think that's Coloradian for Ese..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I think that's Coloradian for Ese..
                                I figured as much. Got a good chuckle.

Comment

Working...
                                X