Jury duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jury duty

Finished with jury duty yesterday. Sent a guy to prison for the rest of his life. Even though I have no doubts he was guilty of the most disgusting of crimes, its weighing a little heavy on my heart today. I think our justice system, even with its flaws, is the best in the world. But its a lot to think about when you are one of the people who make that decision.

I'm over 50 years old, and am pretty squared away. Been married almost 27 years. House paid for, good nest egg put away, raised an awesome girl with a great wife. I've buried both of my parents. Lots of stuff adults do. For some reason, sitting on this jury made me feel a little more grown up. Not sure why.
    Oh well, got that off my chest. Yall have a great weekend

Thank you for serving on a jury and thank you for those words. You add respect and honor to the process.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Protecting our society isn't an easy thing to do. Thanks for doing it.

Comment

Robert Allen case?

Comment

I'm in your age bracket & have never gotten picked...

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              Robert Allen case?
              no sir

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Thank you for serving on a jury and thank you for those words. You add respect and honor to the process.
                Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Can you dish a little about the case?

Comment

My 30 year old son recently served as foreman on a DWI trial in Washington state. He said they found him guilty. Haven’t talked to him about details yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                      Couldn't have said it better.

You probably could have “Yankee’d it up” a little. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a notice yesterday for May 3 in Van Zandt county. Never been picked yet.

Comment

If you have ever had to deal with the justice system, i bet u would say otherwise. Its screwed up big time. U are guilty until proven innocent, its all about how much money they can squeeze out of u.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                            If you have ever had to deal with the justice system, i bet u would say otherwise. Its screwed up big time. U are guilty until proven innocent, its all about how much money they can squeeze out of u.
                            Perhaps. Thanks, for your opinion

Comment

I enjoyed jury duty. Got called up once and was picked. It was a great experience and would gladly do it again.
                              Thank you for serving. We need more upstanding citizens that are willing to serve.

Comment

Working...
                              X