No announcement yet.

Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family had one when I was young. Kudos to you....somebody gotta do it!

Comment

Prayers for you. Dang that is bad. I feel for ya! Makes m want to punch people even harder when they cuss farmers & ranchers,

Comment

Hard pass.

Comment

Just now finishing feed route and head count. All alive for now... few on the struggle bus. Holstein are almost as tough as a bob white quail chick.... almost

Got 64 calves in pasture just off vottle about 3 weeks or so. Looking at ice build up, I’ll guess whatever survives will loose their ears.

Comment

I worked at a dairy for 3 years while in high school. I never had to do the morning runs thank goodness but my job was at the feed mill. Mixed feed and then bagged it all up. Made enough thru the week that they had just enough to make it thru the weekend so I didn’t have to work. That’s one tough job that never takes time off.

Comment

Feed company said they would try and deliver .... “something” tomorrow. I got enough to probably milk am, but not pm. They are sold out of commodities to make our feed and can’t get anything trucked it.... and we can’t get anything trucked out

Comment

If milk was a $100 a gallon, I still wouldn’t have a dairy if you gave it to me.

Comment

Nope, nope, nope. I feel for ya brother

Comment

Worked some weekends in my uncles dairy and some when SHSU still had its dairy program.

I did NOT go into the dairy business!

Comment

And most people think milk comes from a plastic jug at Kroger’s. Praying for y’all on the Dairy.

Comment

Where is your dairy at?

Comment

I worked a dairy ranch in Wyoming one summer. Quite as soon as I found a different (read anything) job. Couldn’t imagine running a ranch like that in the winter!
                          God Bless all of y’all!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            Where is your dairy at?
                            Quitman.

Balmy 0 this morning. Ran 2 diesel heaters all night in the pit. Still froze some but thawing out was minimal. I think I hauled 30 gallons of diesel for those 2 alone yesterday. Got 1 tractor cranked yesterday and it’s in the hay barn and been running since noon yesterday. I’ll be chopping ice all day I imagine

Comment

That's enough to make a man switch to almond milk

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                Quitman.

Balmy 0 this morning. Ran 2 diesel heaters all night in the pit. Still froze some but thawing out was minimal. I think I hauled 30 gallons of diesel for those 2 alone yesterday. Got 1 tractor cranked yesterday and it’s in the hay barn and been running since noon yesterday. I’ll be chopping ice all day I imagine
                                Man, if i was a single man I’d be there to help you out . Prayers brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X