Academy not selling ARs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
    This, I checked yesterday. They are just trying to keep liberal nuts from coming in an making a scene

If they come in and act like a fool, kick them out.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

I love the line remove all product resembling including air soft and air guns from highly visible areas of the store like end caps...

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
        Lost my business
        Mine too. This will work.

ACADEMY LOST MY BUSINESS
        Last edited by holdem; 06-16-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
          If you google KKR out of New York, youll see what all companies they own. They typically buy and flip companies once they've made their millions.
          Knew they sold to KKR a few years back but didn't notice that Academy has most of it's stores in the South

Academy is building a new store in Porter

Comment

10 years ago they wouldn't even let me look at ARs. Told me I had to be 21. Told the guy he was full of it and left.

Comment

Just got back from the Academy's in Round rock and they have AR's for sale just not in display.

Guy said that before they were selling about 1 to 2 AR's a week. Now it is about 3 to 4 a day. He said they had plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                Hiding them in the back looks the same as admitting they are "bad". Guess that is just the way of the world now days.
                Nah, they are "holding them in the back" waiting for the hysteria to triple the price.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  this time 30 days from now.. there will be people (probably some from this site) camped out every morning waiting on the doors to open to have first crack of the shipment of AR's and ammo that came in the night before.
                  Just like it was last year, when they pulled the guns from the first the website, then the shelves, but kept them for sale behind the counter.

I find it kind of interesting that the ones shouting "boycott" and "lost my business" the loudest wouldn't have purchased a black gun from Academy anyway...
                  Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                  Just got back from the Academy's in Round rock and they have AR's for sale just not in display.

Guy said that before they were selling about 1 to 2 AR's a week. Now it is about 3 to 4 a day. He said they had plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter83 View Post
                    Believe it or not, it actually started as a tire store...
                    Wasn't there one on the way to Denton in the old Phil Dill place. I believe it was mostly army surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      Calm down boys. They did it last time because at some academy locations news media was camping out on the gun isle for photo shoots and it was an invitation for protests and general disruption to everyday customers. If they are in stock, they'll still sell them to you.
                      Thank you!!!

Comment

Soldier Systems has obtained a report that Daniel Defense has terminated their agreement to sell their products to Academy Sports. Recently we broke the story that Academy had removed all modern sporting rifles from their display racks in response to the attack at the Orlando LGBT bar Pulse, as a result of Academy’s decision to remove … Read More …

Comment

Good for Daniel Defense!!!

Comment

for those of us getting blocked by their IT security departments..
                            can you copy paste it,..

Comment

so apparently Daniel Defense has issued a statement and Marty Daniel has told all distributors to NOT ship any DD AR 15's to academy anymore. Academy will NOT be selling Daniel Defense rifles from this day forward.

Soldier Systems has obtained a report that Daniel Defense has terminated their agreement to sell their products to Academy Sports. Recently we broke the story that Academy had removed all modern sporting rifles from their display racks in response to the attack at the Orlando LGBT bar Pulse, as a result of Academy’s decision to remove … Read More …

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Caving to political pressure.

Wimps.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X