Lasik for cheaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasik for cheaters?

Anyone here ever get lasik surgery for cheater-vision? I have great distance vision and normal/medium vision. The problem is reading things up close like computer screens, menus, or gun sights.

I've been keeping $5 cheater glasses everywhere for a while, but that's getting really old.

Anyone have any experience with this? Good or bad?

Lasik will not correct your up close vision.

Comment

I did and it was the best money I have ever spent. I used to have cheaters everywhere and I have given them all away.

Comment

You might contact/PM Ashley...Mann Eye-Ashley . She is a gs member and this is what she does.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarLiving View Post
          So your an eye doc and have looked at his eyes?

Anyhow, got get an evaluation. They will let you know. It keeps getting more and more impressive what they can do. You will be surprised.

Comment

My wife works for a group of eye doctors and this is the same thing she has told me.

Comment

I think they can correct close or distance but not both, they offered me and the wife the dual vision 1 eye close/1 eye distance, I opted for distance with cheaters for reading, needs my distance vision for hunting, the wife says the the one/one takes quite air of getting used to.

Comment

This. Been there done that.

Comment

Comment

I think to do up close you have to do one eye far and one eye near but that was the last time I looked into it.

Comment

They can make one eye for distance and one for close. I have it like that and not by choice. Something happened after I had lasik done and one eye went to that. It is a blessing in disguise I guess. Eye doc said we can fix the one eye, but as soon as we do, you will need cheaters. I'm 58 and only need cheaters for a few things. After talking to the doc, I decided to leave it as is till I need cheaters for everything, then maybe enhance the eye for distance again. I believe what I have is called monovision?

Comment

Its called blended vision. I had it done several years ago. Should have done it sooner. But if I had only needed peepers I woudnt had done it.
                        Last edited by Walker; 06-20-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

You'll have the cheaters eventually, lasik or no.
                          Go get an exam and get some proper cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                            You might contact/PM Ashley...Mann Eye-Ashley . She is a gs member and this is what she does.
                            I just saw this! You can definitely correct for near. It's something called blended vision. If your distance vision is still pretty awesome, a lot of the time we just have to correct one eye to help your brain focus to see up close. The good thing is, we can demonstrate it for you so you'd get to see what it looks like and if you like it!

Comment

I'm with this guy and I have new lenses in both eyes and still wear the cheaters to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X