• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    11/1- 11/5

I preferred the October date though

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Me and my dad will be there as well!

Comment

The hunt brochure doesn't say anything about a mandatory orientation?Probably can't make it for first day of hunt, just want to make sure I don't make the drive for nothing if I can't make orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmillerdesign View Post
        The hunt brochure doesn't say anything about a mandatory orientation?Probably can't make it for first day of hunt, just want to make sure I don't make the drive for nothing if I can't make orientation.
        They’ve had it years past, but hopefully they got rid of it.

My dad and I will be there 11/22-11/26! Good luck to everyone
        Last edited by BigRed323; 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I drew the third hunt. I can’t wait!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
            Just got the email for Laguna atascosa 11/15-11/19

I’ve be hunting with you that week.

Comment

I didnt get the email for some reason but the website showed me as drawn for the October hunt. Really looking forward to it. I havnt gone down there to scout yet, but would it be a better setup to have climbing sticks and a saddle or setup a pop up blind? Also should I bring my knee high boots for scouting or can I get away with calf high boots? Thanks in advance as it will be my first year down there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
                I’ve be hunting with you that week.

11/15 -11/19

I'll be there.
                Live in Ingleside also.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                  I didnt get the email for some reason but the website showed me as drawn for the October hunt. Really looking forward to it. I havnt gone down there to scout yet, but would it be a better setup to have climbing sticks and a saddle or setup a pop up blind? Also should I bring my knee high boots for scouting or can I get away with calf high boots? Thanks in advance as it will be my first year down there.
                  Tripod would be the best but Pop up of your two choices bc you can’t disturb, attach to, or break/saw/remove anything. And I mean every ANYTHING that is out there. Knee highs bc ticks are horrid and will get on you. I wear base layers at all times to help prevent ticks from gettin to my skin but a few still do. As long as you stay out of the y’all grass you won’t get in the ticks too bad but every square inch of Laguna is got a tick on it.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Tripod would be the best but Pop up of your two choices bc you can’t disturb, attach to, or break/saw/remove anything. And I mean every ANYTHING that is out there. Knee highs bc ticks are horrid and will get on you. I wear base layers at all times to help prevent ticks from gettin to my skin but a few still do. As long as you stay out of the y’all grass you won’t get in the ticks too bad but every square inch of Laguna is got a tick on it.
                    Ticks are bad. But I worry more about stepping on one of those 6' audible nope ropes! Almost stepped on 2 the last day im 2017. Heebie jeebies!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                      Ticks are bad. But I worry more about stepping on one of those 6' audible nope ropes! Almost stepped on 2 the last day im 2017. Heebie jeebies!

Sissie boy

Comment

Originally posted by SLICE & DICE View Post
                        11/15 -11/19

I'll be there.

Live in Ingleside also.

Sweet man. Small world.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                          Which wkend at laguna?

I've done both hunts and Laguna has more opportunity in the first few weekends. Teniente is fun but a much smaller hunt area and is super thick. Too thick to hunt most areas.
                          I have decided to go for laguna again. I liked laguna last year even though i did get a shot at anything.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post

I'd bring good snake boots that you can walk long distances in, you'll likely have to wade through water too so make sure they are waterproof.

Saddle is no bueno, you cant attach anything to trees and even if you could none of the trees down there are really climbable. A popup will be your best bet if you want to use a blind.

It's a fun hunt, very tough but fun

Comment

I drew it for the 3rd straight year but I can't make it this year. I don't have enough PTO built up at my new job and I was already selected for The Chap and that takes priority over this one.

If I draw any of the January hunts, I'll more than likely be going.

Hope someone on here gets my spot on the second draw.

Comment

I drew 11/01 - 11/05. It may be a bit too warm but I'll take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X