Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemlin View Post
    Every year, last two weeks of bow season I see other people setting up blinds and feeders the last two weeks of deer season, sometimes on opening weekend of rifle.

On my lease we have a rule. No setting up after the end of August. Don't have your stuff out, well you can hunt leaning against a tree.

I saw at least 10 people pulling trailers with blinds and feeders Friday near jJacksboro. 9am on Saturday I could hear multiple chainsaws in the distance.

Why can't people do this when its not deer season? Yes archery season is deer season.

You have any other stupid rules or just that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every year, last two weeks of bow season I see other people setting up blinds and feeders the last two weeks of deer season, sometimes on opening weekend of rifle.

On my lease we have a rule. No setting up after the end of August. Don't have your stuff out, well you can hunt leaning against a tree.

I saw at least 10 people pulling trailers with blinds and feeders Friday near jJacksboro. 9am on Saturday I could hear multiple chainsaws in the distance.

Why can't people do this when its not deer season? Yes archery season is deer season.
      Lazy ? Busy ? No matter as long as it’s not in your front door. Seems like your lease is covered so why sweat it ?

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
        I own my place and worked on rebuilding a stand this weekend. Why? Because this is when I had the most time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How in the world were you able to build all this sideways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s Rifle hunters for ya probably will only set in the blind once are twice and shoot your target buck After you have been chasing him all bow season.are even worse shoot your best up and comer on his first set .

Comment

Legal? YES.
            Does it hurt anything? NO
            Is it your property? NO
            Does it matter? NO

Some people are busy, and don't take deer hunting as serious as others. I personally am ate up with it to an unhealthy obsession, but others just want to go out there a couple times a year and shoot a few deer. Those same people probably think that those of us who are out there working in August are idiots... Different strokes for different folks. Best thing to do is not worry about what other people got going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              You have any other stupid rules or just that one?

Mic drop....

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                you have any other stupid rules or just that one?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  That’s Rifle hunters for ya probably will only set in the blind once are twice and shoot your target buck After you have been chasing him all bow season.are even worse shoot your best up and comer on his first set .

Comment

I hung this blind October 5th. I took these pics from it on the 11th. This 11 pt begged me to put an arrow through him for an hour. Had another 10pt and 2 doe within 8 yards.

Comment

Yeah, ‘cause rifle hunters don’t deserve to hunt, right ?

Comment

You know if someone starts operating a chainsaw on their side of the fense on opening morning of rifle season, most people would scream hunter harrassment. Yet when you basically do the same thing to bow hunters, you shout stupid rules, deal with it, what happens on their property is none of your concern, etc....

What if neighbor next door wants to celebrate life with an air horn? Don't you respect their rights? Kind of a bunch of hypocrites posting that have no respect for others. Just because you dont bow hunt doesnt mean others dont. Likewise perhaps your neighbor doesnt hunt but likes blowing an airhorn every morning, but if it happens to you, youd be the first to rant.

My guess is most of you wouldnt mow your yards at 2am while your neighbors are sleeping. Maybe I could be wrong and you just dont respect anyone but yourselves.

Comment

Looks like I did a whoopsie, I didn't know they were his deer.

Comment

You know if someone starts operating a chainsaw on their side of the fense on opening morning of rifle season, most people would scream hunter harrassment. Yet when you basically do the same thing to bow hunters, you shout stupid rules, deal with it, what happens on their property is none of your concern, etc....

What if neighbor next door wants to celebrate life with an air horn? Don't you respect their rights? Kind of a bunch of hypocrites posting that have no respect for others. Just because you dont bow hunt doesnt mean others dont. Likewise perhaps your neighbor doesnt hunt but likes blowing an airhorn every morning, but if it happens to you, youd be the first to rant.

My guess is most of you wouldnt mow your yards at 2am while your neighbors are sleeping. Maybe I could be wrong and you just dont respect anyone but yourselves.

Sounds like you shouldn't hunt fence lines

Comment

If I was that close I'd probably just walk over and ask them if they could hold off until 10-11am in the mornings when I get out of the blind. I'm usually hungry by then and want to go to town for pancakes and sausage.

Comment

You managed to stuff 3 irrelevant, analogies into one post.

You started this thread off whining about people putting up deer blinds....not chain saws, air horns, and lawn mowers. Then you got around to people hauling them down the highway.

Maybe those guys got on a lease late due to someone backing out, maybe they just closed on their first piece of property, maybe their other blind burned up in a grass fire, maybe their kid has been in the hospital...you don't know. Bottom line is they are living their lives and not being discourteous to you in ANY WAY...and you're whining about it, it doesn't have **** to do with being respectful.

You also need to consider the fact that you obviously think this activity is gonna run deer off their place (it's not), wouldn't it stand to reason that they then wouldn't be able to shoot those deer? And that they likely would push deer toward yours?

Save your holier than though bowhunter bit, too...the pics above were last week while bowhunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X