Fiberglass Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass Blinds

Looking at buying an new blind at the end of the season, my current hard board siding blind is getting in pretty bad shape.

Those who have fiberglass blinds, how do you like them?
    Anyone with a Box T blind?

I got in one in my life with no shade and it had been closed up and it was hotter than hell when sitting in the sun.

I'd like to keep it smaller than 4x6 and I am on looking on the lower end money wise. No more than $1200, if that much.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
    Gun Hunting.
    Last edited by Ungawa; 10-20-2019, 04:21 PM.

hot and very noise

Comment

Fiberglass Blinds

I love them but they can be hot.

If I hunt during the summer I usually prop the door open with a cooler of beer to help with airflow. I throw some old Cintas mats on the floor to help with the noise.

Best one I have is insulated and octagon shaped but it’s about triple your budget but worth it.

I would look at Krivoman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love mine, would' not take for it, and its no hotter than any other type of box blind.. We hunt in Texas.. When it is hot outside it is hot in any type of box regardless of what it is constructed from.. Just sit in a cloth popup in hot weather and see what happens.. Mine isn't noisy either.. The floor and walls are covered in carpet..

A new one can have a strong fiberglass resin smell though... It will eventually fade to no smell at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          I love mine, would' not take for it, and its no hotter than any other type of box blind.. We hunt in Texas.. When it is hot outside it is hot in any type of box regardless of what it is constructed from.. Just sit in a cloth popup in hot weather and see what happens.. Mine isn't noisy either.. The floor and walls are covered in carpet..

A new one can have a strong fiberglass resin smell though... It will eventually fade to no smell at all.
          Agreed...

Comment

I have a big country 5x6 deluxe and it has spoiled me. You should be able to find one close to your budget. I opened it last month after all spring and summer and had one dead moth. When it was new it smelled but it fades if you let it air out while your there when its new. And like ttaxidermy said, your fooling yourself if you think any blind is going to be cooler than another when its 80+ outside. West Bear Creek General store in junction has good prices.

Comment

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the opinions and recommendations.

Comment

I have a T-Box bow blind and I love it! It's painted black on the inside which helps a lot keeping it dark inside! Seems well built and it's insulated well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradman1971 View Post
                  I have a T-Box bow blind and I love it! It's painted black on the inside which helps a lot keeping it dark inside! Seems well built and it's insulated well.
                  When you say insulated, do you mean the 3/4 in foam sheeting between the fiberglass? What size is your blind? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

LOL.....ya....every enclosed blind is hot! They may be loud to you while you're sitting inside, but they are quiet from the outside. ( I got 2 rowdy boys that tested that theory every time we went ) deer never noticed.

Fiberglass blind will last a lifetime.....may need a paintjob every few years, that's it.

Comment

Big Country Blinds...TBH member and builds great blinds!

The Leader in Fiberglass Deer Hunting Blind Design

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        LOL.....ya....every enclosed blind is hot! They may be loud to you while you're sitting inside, but they are quiet from the outside. ( I got 2 rowdy boys that tested that theory every time we went ) deer never noticed.

Fiberglass blind will last a lifetime.....may need a paintjob every few years, that's it.
                        I put 5 coats of a high quality oil based house paint on mine and that stuff is as tuff as nails.. Extremely durable paint and it seals down into any exposed fiberglass..
                        We painted our old hunting jeep with the same oil based paint 20 years ago and you cannot peel it off with a scraper...

Comment

I have three Dillons. Yes, they are hot, but so is every other enclosed blind. If you can keep it out of the afternoon sun it will be better. 12V fan will work wonders. I’ve hog hunted in the summer out of mine with a 12V fan and it’s bearable but uncomfortable. I carpet mine and it quietens them very well. Put carpet on the shelf too. I like them.

Comment

Make sure the floor is not plywood. I have a superior fiberglass blind and had to replace the floor after about 5 years, My son has a Box T and he is please with it. I agree that all blinds are hot unless it is in the shade. Had mine 12 years and should last at least 12 more.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              Make sure the floor is not plywood. I have a superior fiberglass blind and had to replace the floor after about 5 years, My son has a Box T and he is please with it. I agree that all blinds are hot unless it is in the shade. Had mine 12 years and should last at least 12 more.
                              I need to replace the floor in two Dillon blinds. Was thinking of just lifting them off the towers, sliding a piece of plywood under it and bolting to the new plywood. What did you do?

Comment

Working...
                              X