No announcement yet.

Scent thief successes and failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using Scent Thief for two seasons now I still use my Ozonics and wear wear Scent lock (it’s just another tool) but I feel like it does work can’t prove it but I have had more deer and pigs down wind in bow range than usual

Comment

Do not spray in eyes by mistake....lol son-gun dat stings. I’ve been using for three seasons and I feel it does help.

Comment

Since I hadn't heard of this one before I looked into it and seems pretty interesting.

I also found a previous TBH thread on this from a couple years ago. Has some testimonials, but take it for what its worth.

J

Comment

Do any retailers Cary it (Academy) ?

Comment

I didn't find a lot of in store options. Cabela's looks to have the body soap.

Only saw options on Amazon and the manufacturers website.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              I didn't find a lot of in store options. Cabela's looks to have the body soap.

Only saw options on Amazon and the manufacturers website.

J
              Bought some from Bass Pros website...free shipping with $49 order. Havent tried it yet but it does have a distinct smell.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay so here I go,

Had a buddy buy me 6 bottles of this stuff earlier this month while he was in Austin about 2 weeks ago after reading this thread (FULLY UNDERSTANDING this was merely a cover scent)

Stumbled across another thread a few days after I bought the stuff and found out from reading what this stuff actually smelled like and boy did I become worried

I knew we were heading west the following weekend and made my mind up that I would still give it a try even though I was a tad bit worried of how the deer would respond to the smell

Fast forward to this past Friday afternoon

Got nestled into a ground blind at one of my favorite stands (a water troft) with a northwest wind (not favorable for this spot because all the deer come from the southeast direction)

got in, got situated, every thing set up, pulled out the bottle of Scent Thief and sprayed about 1/4 of the bottle on the interior walls and the roof of the ground blind

first deer showed up about 20 minutes after spraying and came in directly downwind of me. no issue. fast forward to later in the hunt, every deer came in downwind, no issue.

Fast forward again, later in the hunt around 7:15 PM (nearly dark out)
                -- side note, all of our ground blinds have 2 strands of barbed wire around them to keep the cattle off. This specific ground blind got blown around by the wind and got ripped up by said barbed wire -- I see a buck "exit" to my right and think nothing of it, I then hear a deer jump inside of the "cow barrier" we have for these blinds and then start to think okay what's going on LOL

He begins sticking the ground blind with his antlers and nudging his way around the base of this blind trying to get inside and my guess is to find out where this smell was coming from. HE THEN PUT HIS NOSE INSIDE ONE OF THE HOLES THAT THE BARBED WIRE MADE AND BEGAN SNIFFING IN THE GROUND BLIND LESS THAN 1 FOOT FROM ME. This carried on for less than 10 seconds and then he casually made his way back out. I'm not sure if any of you have ever had a whitetail nose less than 1 foot away from you but I could literally see every bit of moisture on his nose he was so close. Crazy experience.

Now I'm not saying this stuff does what it claims but for a cover scent, I'm SOLD

Just dropping by to give my experience with this stuff. Hope you all enjoyed

Comment

Working...
                X