No announcement yet.

Aborted road rage incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and driving like an A hole because he thinks he can do what he wants because he has disabled plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      It always amazes me how when people on here hear one side of a story they know seem to know exactly what the other person was thinking and his intentions
      After reading through this thread, it did occur to me that the OP never really said why the other driver was all bent out of shape. I drive in Houston daily and have witnessed several situations that could be considered road rage. However, it seems that trucking along on the service road minding your own business doesn't seem like the beginning of most road range incidents.

With that said, I agree with the poster above discussing what is taught in LTC classes. When I got my CHL, which was a few years before open carry became legal, my instructor was very up-front in that if you end up pulling your piece one day, you better be prepared to use it and also justify you were in fear for your life in doing so.

Comment

Other than not getting out of his way, I don't have any idea what I did to get honked at. I was at least 50 yds from the intersection, and the only way he could have been that close that soon was to be right behind me or he floored it when his light turned green. the light turned yellow just as I came to the intersection to turn right, and I went to a slow roll to check the traffic coming off the freeway and the oncoming left hand turn lane to make sure I didn't turn into anyone. No cars were in the intersection but me. I was clear and I accelerated but didn't have enough time to get up to speed. There is a u-turn under the bridge but no one was in there. He had to be behind me as that was the least place I looked. Maybe me slowing through the intersection on yellow and then not flooring it as he followed me was what got him mad. There were cars backed up in the service rd coming from the left, so if he came from there he was accelerating like a nhra car.
        The I635 intersections with all of the roads are the most dangerous intersections in this town, that is why I slowed on yellow, sometimes if they aren't stacked up, cars go through these intersections at the same speed they were doing on the highway. I always look both ways at Oates or Town East and the highway before going through the intersection.

Now, in the classes, they teach conflict resolution. But, there is no place in the actual law that says you need to run away, in fact is contrary to that to the point that we have Stand your Ground, which is the law.

There is no way any of the what ifs, and run away comments here will change my mind that I handled the situation perfectly. None of you were there, None of us know what was in the other guys mind.

Now, does that mean I wont use common sense and logic. Obviously if I pull up to a parking lot and there is a gunfight in progress, then the wife and I are eating somewhere else that day.

Comment

Thanks again to everyone who responded, I enjoy a lively discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            aNow, does that mean I wont use common sense and logic. Obviously if I pull up to a parking lot and there is a gunfight in progress, then the wife and I are eating somewhere else that day.
            I don’t know......if it was my post workout spicy chicken sandwich from Chic-fil-et, I may have to take my chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Is this some kind of penis envy thing?
              Little Man vs Big Man syndrome?
              This seemed like an odd statement on here.......but then I noticed you were from Manvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                This seemed like an odd statement on here.......but then I noticed you were from Manvel.
                That only my mailing address. I live in the county.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X