Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to join us for a youth hunt at the 587 Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Are those prices cheap?

$400 for a doe assuming you kill in 1-2 hunts is alot to me
    I think it’s a good deal for what it is. Stay in someone’s lodge on their property to shoot an animal they have invested work into. I don’t think it’s out of line at all. A decent hotel and nice dinner will cost you that much with zero time outdoors. Would you let some stranger run around on your investment for free? I’m not trying to be a smartass or rude, but there is time, work and risks in letting people on your property.

Comment

Are those prices cheap?

Those are great prices considering we're staying in a cabin on the property! We're not chasing doe's, although we may add one or two to the Ice chest before it's all said and done.
      Last edited by Chad C; 10-16-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
        I think it’s a good deal for what it is. Stay in someone’s lodge on their property to shoot an animal they have invested work into. I don’t think it’s out of line at all. A decent hotel and nice dinner will cost you that much with zero time outdoors. Would you let some stranger run around on your investment for free? I’m not trying to be a smartass or rude, but there is time, work and risks in letting people on your property.

Well put....and yes IMO those prices are more than fair and reasonable

Comment

Anybody want to join us for a youth hunt at the 587 Ranch?

Are those prices cheap?

Ok. Seems plenty fair to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to your son on his deer!

Making great memories that you will both cherish!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chad_C_502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24597134

Comment

Thank you David!

Comment

Those buck prices are beyond reasonable - We have a limited number of mature bucks to hunt at home for both myself and both boys. If we were not going to be in Hurst that weekend playing Soccer I would take one of my boys as that is a great deal.

Comment

Great place to hunt.

Comment

Are those prices cheap?

I guess I would look at like this.............

Average lease cost today in average to slightly above average grounds (grounds that give a hunter an opportunity to fill tags) cost $2,500 to $3,500 per spot. Lets say you fill your state allotted tags on this lease, (3 does, an un-branched antlered buck and a 120" 8 point "Great year for most"). So if my math is correct......each deer would cost on average, either $700.00 to $500.00 per. These basic cost per deer does not include, all the feed, electricity, fuel, etc etc, just basic lease cost.

So me personally, these are real good prices.

Best of luck to the young hunters, I will be following.

Rwc

Comment

Hagen using a bow or crossbow yet? Debating doing a youth archery hunt.

Comment

Sounds like a good time. What caliber is that ruger ranch compact?

Comment

Dang my kid is a bit too young at 5. Sounds like great way to spend a weekend and not break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Hagen using a bow or crossbow yet? Debating doing a youth archery hunt.
                            I'm in the process of setting him up with a Diamond Edge 320, but It'll probably be next year until hes ready to sling an arrow at a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              Sounds like a good time. What caliber is that ruger ranch compact?
                              300 Blackout using Barnes 110's

Comment

we will be down weekend of oct 16th kids will be bow hunting again this will be year 3 for us if it was not a good deal or worth it I would not be going back for a 3rd year. chad looks like from your sons targets you are in our neck of the woods lol we shoot out at same range when we are getting rifles ready. If you need any help getting you son going with archery let me know. If he is anything like my kids they don't think dad knows a darn thing. My 13 year old has been top 3 in the state with her bow for the past 4 years so she is always willing to help other kids out.

Comment

Working...
                                X