No announcement yet.

Opinion on barking dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few nights a week I hear the neighbors little dogs go crazy. I don’t sleep well enough for it to bother me much but once the wife starts to complain I’ll visit with the neighbor about it.

Comment

Our neighbors all have dogs but none do enough barking to bother anyone. There is a house down the street that has what sound like two dozen yappers that go psycho any time you walk down the street. Not sure how you can live in a house with that.

Comment

Bark collar will fix most problems.My dog gets it put on once in awhile .He knows what it means and stops.If I had a neighbor with a barking dog, Id buy them one. It might be money well spent.

Comment

I can’t believe no one has mentioned the world famous dog training method, brought to light right here on our very own TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I only have one dog. And she is 11. My last one. Like I said, she sleeps indoors. And yes, I would care if she barked all night. Cause I currently have neighbors who have dogs that bark at anything. Some all night. And I hate it ! I wanna move out of town cause I hate other people sticking they're nose in my business ! And telling me what I can and can't do on my property (without paying for some kind of permit), among many other things ! I plan on being where I can not see any neighbors, smell them, or hear them! Any more questions?
            Yes sir, just one. Where is this paradise you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
              I can’t believe no one has mentioned the world famous dog training method, brought to light right here on our very own TBH!
              hump it till it pees? yeah that should have been the first response come to think of it.

Comment

I would go crazy. It doesn’t take much to wake me up and once I’m awake I’m awake for a while.
                If their dogs kept me awake and they didn’t care to fix the issue I would keep them awake. Ring the doorbell nonstop or call the house phone on private just to hang up when they answer.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled_tn_boy View Post
                  they sell boxes when a dog barks it emits a high frequency sound. Conditions dog not to bark. Works like a bark collar but from your yard.
                  winner!!!!

Comment

Yes while its rude to have a neighbor that does nothing about a barking dog you're limited to what actually can or will be done. My solution was ear plugs but not for everyone. I've been told by adjacent neighbors it became music to their ears. No way

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      Some of y’all need to realize that there are some truly crazy/unstable people in this world. You think you are being sly by poisoning their dog. Then they catch you outside or roll up in your house and “end” you. And before all you Special Forces Sniper warfare commandos say “let them try”, I’m fairly certain that it wouldn’t take much for the average Joe to get the drop on most of you.

Just realize that things are not like they used to be. People are not like they used to be. Don’t make yourself or your family a target.
                      Remember that no one on TBH has ever lost a fight!

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                      I agree totally - go through the proper channels if you have any issue nowdays -
                      Proper channels blow. But one should understand what the proper channels are where they live. It would really suck to start with proper channels that end up doing nothing except tying your own hands.

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Poison the owners first, then get rid of the dogs

IMO, the only thing worse than a excessively barking dog is their owners who can hear it barking but don’t care about if it bothers the neighbors. My dogs wear bark collars, cause they started occasionally bark at other dogs barking in the hood.
                      They use a big box fan or two..so they can't hear them barking.

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;14434798]Remember that no one on TBH has ever lost a fight!

Not true! I've lost several fights and most of them were not with special forces sniper warfare commandos or ninjas

Op I recommend the barking box, they work well. I've used the one that's about $100, think there are some cheaper ones now but I haven't tried them.

Comment

I have also used an air horn. Dog barking = air horn blast out window. After a week, the dog stopped barking.

Comment

the ones next door to me bark all the time, it does get aggravating. but at night I turn on a box fan and it drowns them out pretty good

Comment

this topic gives me PTSD...been there...it sucks....

Comment

Every time someone has any sort of problem with a dog on this forum, all the Big Tough Dog Killers come out of the woodwork. Y'all are gonna f**k around and kill the wrong dog someday......

To the OP, like others mentioned, get one of those plug-in anti bark things. Not sure how close they have to be to work on the neighbor's dog, but worth a try and pretty harmless.
                                One of the MANY downsides to living in the city

Comment

Working...
                                X