No announcement yet.

2019 F250 death wobble question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uncle just got a new one. They could never solve it so they have him a new one

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      Didn't Ford make a big deal out of other trucks wobbling?
      Mud slinging campaigns have a way of biting back.
      Oh yeah, that's right they did:
      2009 Truck Durability Test FORD CHEVY DODGE TOYOTA By Ford Motor Company - YouTube
      You went back 10 years to a half ton comparison for this?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
        You went back 10 years to a half ton comparison for this?
        I just remember the ad. I was surprised to see it was that long ago— not that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          Steering stabilizer shock. Takes three mins to replace.
          In some cases yes but most it a patch not fix...

And Yes Death wobble will get yo attention+++

Went over railroad track at about 60 once and it struck in my old Cherokee..

It was a Calling for REPAIR
          Last edited by cva34; 10-15-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a bad tire.....

Comment

My 04 5.9 did it a few wks ago.

Spent $2500 on new tires and front end. Dont want to experience that again!

Good to go, now.

Comment

wait...this is common on Fords? I thought they were problem free??

Comment

Needs more Caster. They don't put enough Caster in them from the factory so the steering feels lighter. Dealer won't do squat about it. They will just tell you everything is "within spec". That's the problem is their "spec" is wrong.

We put ball joint eccentric cams in my buddy's 2018 F350 and it fixed it.

Comment

Five week old truck? I wouldn't do anything except go to the dealership and take someone for a ride then make them fix it.

Comment

Neighbor two doors down had this problem. Took it to ford a few weeks ago. Hes hoping it’s fixed. His is a long bed. Was wondering if regular bed length trucks had the problem as well.
                      He did say it shook so hard it threw his beer out the door cup holder of his truck! Haha just kidding.

Comment

Just had a flat on my 2019 f250 today. Bought it Friday, and it had 243 miles on it. The inside side wall has a soft spot in it and went flat. Found a pin hole that looks like a deformity in the tire. Gonna take it back tomorrow and see what they say

Comment

I had the same problem in a 2012. I tried everything. Ended up being the ball joint on the track bar. It wasnt easy to get out, but the part was not expensive. I havnt had the slightest issue now in 30000 miles.

Comment

2019- 10,000 miles and the problem started. I called the Ford house and the manager acted like he had never heard of this problem. I hope they can fix it.

Comment

I was in Utah two weeks ago and rode up in my friends 2019 F250, we got the death wobble coming in to Kanab. Scared the heck out of us, his truck has 10k miles on it. The week before we left he put new rims and Cooper tires on it.

Comment

buddy's new F250 did same thing with about same miles as yours. Dealer had it twice and didn't fix it. He changed front stabilizer shock and so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X