Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craftsman cordless tools made by Dewalt ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure those conglomerates OWN those brands? I thought Lowe's bought the CRAFTSMAN brand so they now own CRAFTSMAN. They may have those companies produce the products for them, but I am pretty sure they are not owned by the factories that produce them. Same as Ridgid is owned by Home Depot, but the tools are made by TTI. Or am I wrong, and the larger tool manufacturers actually own those brands?

Comment

I really haven't looked at Makita or Milwaukee thought they'd be too expensive, but sounds like they are real good.

lots of options.

Comment

Ive had good luck with dewalt impacts, but the regular drills usually mess up on me. I have no idea what it's called, but the end where you put the bit and tighten it up, usually gives out on me

Comment

I won’t say my p/c are the best but for what I paid and the money I’ve made with them and still going like day 1. I’d buy again without a problem.

Comment

Battery power tools

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
            Milwaukee I think is the tippy tops.
            Though I don't have any of them. I'm po'.
            I am covered up in HD Ryobi green around here and extremely happy with all of the equipment I have.
            Agree on Milwaukee got 3 but they ain't cheap.

I got mostly Old blue and newer green Ryobi with a pile of 4aho Lith batterys 18v. Best part about Ryobi is they all use same battery ...and tools&batterys are more reasonably priced and work hard and last

.I do have 1 Dewalt impact driver and 1 Dewalt drill both 18v lith batt..They been good tools too..But when they Die They will be replaced with Ryobi..Mainly because Dewalt and most brands Keeps playing battery game 7.5/12/14/18 /20..

As for Old Craftsman name stuff tools were OK/good and warranty was BEST in business... as for the New esp Battery tools I gota be honest I just have not even held one in my hand..But I will next trip to LOWE's

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
              A few groups of large conglomerates and the tool brands they own (I can't verify how accurate this is at the time of posting):

Stanley/Black and Decker:
              DeWalt
              Stanley
              Black + Decker
              Bostitch
              Craftsman
              Vidmar
              Mac Tools
              Irwin
              Lenox
              Proto
              Porter-Cable
              Powers Fasteners
              Lista
              Sidchrome
              Emglo
              USAG

TTI (Tektronic) Owns:
              Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.
              RYOBI
              RIDGID (“Orange”)
              Empire Level
              Hoover
              Dirt Devil
              Oreck
              Stiletto Tools
              Hart Tools
              Homelife
              VAX
              AEG

Chervon ownds:
              EGO
              Skilsaw
              Skil
              FLEX
              Devon
              Xtron
              Calmdura
              Kobalt 24V (ODM for Lowe’s)

Bosch Group owns:
              Bosch
              Freud
              Diablo
              Dremel
              RotoZip
              Vermont American
              CST/berger

Husqvarna Group owns:
              Husqvarna
              Poulan Pro
              Weed Eater
              Jonsored
              Klippo
              Zenoah
              Gardena
              Diamant Boart
              Flymo
              McCullock

JPW owns:
              Jet
              Powermatic
              Wilton
              Edwards
              Promac
              Tool Air
              GYS

ATG (Apex) owns:
              Weller
              Wiss
              Gearwrench
              Crescent
              Lufkin
              Jobox
              Apex
              Campbell
              Nicholson
              Jacobs
              Xcelite
              Master Power
              Belzer
              HKP
              SATA
              Dotco
              Cleco

Emerson owns:
              RIDGID (“Red”)
              Greenlee
              Insinkerator
              Emerson
              Sensi
              ProTeam
              Klauke

KKR owns:
              Hikoki (formerly Hitachi Koki)
              Metabo HPT (formerly Hitachi Power Tools)
              Metabo

ITW owns:
              Paslode
              Duo-Fast
              Ramset
              Red Head
              Tapcon
              Bernard
              Miller
              Hobart
              Tregaskiss
              ITW Buildex
              Texwipe
              Deltar
              Alpine, an ITW Company

It is rumored that TTi is manufacturing the newer power tool brands for Harbor Freight.

cricman
              WOW!!! Vedy Interesting....Had no Idea

Comment

starting to see black friday deals...getting close to deciding ime.

Comment

[QUOTE=Huntindad;14418737]I was at Lowes today getting a couple extra keys made and I saw the display for Craftsman cordless tools.

I ask the guy...who makes the craftsman tools nowadays...he said Dewalt. The display said something about being made in USA. Guy said Lowes is pushing Craftsman and downsizing Kobalt...

It's actually the other way around. Craftsman makes Dewalt. They came up with that name and tried to keep distance between the two. Dewalt was supposed to be their commercial grade tools, but they were afraid, if they just called them Craftsman commercial grade, they would not sell very well with some people. Obviously the idea worked and most people don't know that Dewalt was a offshoot of Craftsman. I heard about it before they released the Dewalt tools. I think it was a Snap-On dealer that told me about it.

Comment

[quote=RifleBowPistol;14508082]
                    Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    I was at Lowes today getting a couple extra keys made and I saw the display for Craftsman cordless tools.

I ask the guy...who makes the craftsman tools nowadays...he said Dewalt. The display said something about being made in USA. Guy said Lowes is pushing Craftsman and downsizing Kobalt...

It's actually the other way around. Craftsman makes Dewalt. They came up with that name and tried to keep distance between the two. Dewalt was supposed to be their commercial grade tools, but they were afraid, if they just called them Craftsman commercial grade, they would not sell very well with some people. Obviously the idea worked and most people don't know that Dewalt was a offshoot of Craftsman. I heard about it before they released the Dewalt tools. I think it was a Snap-On dealer that told me about it.

The guy is wrong . Stanley black and decker makes both dewalt and craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

Your source? snap on dealer...

read previous post about who owns who...think SBD owns both.
                      Last edited by Huntindad; 11-13-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Yes sir for many years.

Makita is the only company that is still independent and so is Hilti. I own all Makita stuff for my personal use except for the cordless grease gun and its a Dewalt.

Milwaukee has dominated the cordless line for a while now, they are very innovative and have expanded their line into the hand tool market as well. They have the best warranty on the market with 5 years on the tool and 3 years on the battery. Keep purchase receipts!

Had a customer last night trade in all his Snap on cordless for Milwaukee, I typically do not take cordless trade ins unless its Snap on, Makita, Matco, Mac or Milwaukee. I keep the Makita for my self.
                        Milwaulkees warranty is absolutely top notch! Especially with the E-Service.
                        Also I've never worried about a receit. They have serial numbers inside them and they can see when it was made, and purchased. I dont think they care who owns it.
                        I've used their E-Service over the yrs for multiple tools, and it's been flawless.

Comment

Folks... I am homeowner DIY'er... is the warranty really that big of a deal with the cordless tools these days...?

do some brands really crap out for a homeowner to worry about the warranty.

Comment

I am getting a new set for Christmas. I want one you can get a weed eater, blower and maybe a chain saw to run. I ve looked a little and I am leaning towards Milwaukee.

Comment

are the batteries that run the drill big enough to run a blower or chain saw?

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                                Milwaukee I think is the tippy tops.
                                Though I don't have any of them. I'm po'.
                                I am covered up in HD Ryobi green around here and extremely happy with all of the equipment I have.
                                Same here. Always been skeptical of the battery stuff. HD had a big deal on Ryobi 1+ last year. Gave it a shot and been impressed. Now have the impact, leaf blower, air compressor, and a drill. And all are flawless. The impact has impressed me the most. No issues on lug nuts and changing tires on the boat trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X