This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
    How did Herman get involved? He’s turned the horns around since strong left and I like him
    Because his body of work thus far is mediocre. Yes he turned them around ...from bad to mediocre...get them to a BCS playoff game, big 12 title, etc... and he will lose the mediocre stature.

10 losses in 2 years for that program is mediocre.

He has upside to get them to elite...Saturday will be very telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      That’s such a lame *** take.
      Sorry bud, but they didn't.
      They wanted into the big dance lost that game to Bama and got left out. AT that point their season was over.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      As if stating you are not an Aggie gives you some kind of expert credibility in the situation. Take that weak *** newbie **** outta here. That's nothing but a weak *** excuse for folks that wanted Georgia to win to cover for a thorough beating.
      Your're entirely delusional (something I'm very familiar with living in Austin with UT fans) if you can't understand that UGA wasn't thrilled to play in that bowl game. I like that fire in you though pawpaw. Don't get too worked up though, I'd hate it if you soiled your depends.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        Sorry bud, but they didn't.
        They wanted into the big dance lost that game to Bama and got left out. AT that point their season was over.

Your're entirely delusional (something I'm very familiar with living in Austin with UT fans) if you can't understand that UGA wasn't thrilled to play in that bowl game. I like that fire in you though pawpaw. Don't get too worked up though, I'd hate it if you soiled your depends.

Speaking of delusional... Armchair QB with direct ties to the Georgia football team. How lucky are we to have him wasting his time posting on TBH..

Or we just make stuff up that sounds good in our head....to make ourselves look smarter than we are..
        Last edited by Smart; 10-10-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

10 wins and a NY6 bowl victory in year two is a tad bit beyond mediocre.

They are killing it in recruiting. All top 5 classes. 2021 is shaping up to be a top 3 class at worst. A Big 12 championship would be nice this year. Next year is set to have a great shot as both OU and LSU lose stud senior QB's. Sam will be a senior Heisman favorite.

No such thing as a BCS playoff game.

Comment

Speaking of delusional... Armchair QB with direct ties to the Georgia football team. How lucky are we to have him wasting his time posting on TBH..
            Or we just make stuff up that sounds good in our head....to make ourselves look smarter than we are..
            Gramps, this entire thread consists of armchair QB posts (seriously, like all of them)...
            Also, how the hell do I have direct ties to UGA all of the sudden lol?

I mean you can try and spin the Sugar bowl into something other than UGA losing a heart-breaker to BAMA in the SEC Championship game and showing up flat as **** to the Sugar Bowl game and getting behind so-far so-fast they couldn't recover then yeah you are absolutely making **** up to make yourself feel smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              They are killing it in recruiting. All top 5 classes. 2021 is shaping up to be a top 3 class at worst. A Big 12 championship would be nice this year. Next year is set to have a great shot as both OU and LSU lose stud senior QB's. Sam will be a senior Heisman favorite.
              21-11 at UT is mediocre but he seems to be doing well
              UT ALWAYS has high rankings in recruiting as they're a blue blood. So does USC and it doesn't mean much if the kids don't develop.
              A billion bucks would be nice too but that ain't happening either.
              FYI OU has good QB's waiting in the wings already (ie. Rattler, Mordecai) assuming they don't get another **** transfer.
              Sam Ehlinger would have to make serious improvements from his current skill set to even be invited to NY IMO and the "BCS" comment is just silly semantics, we all know what he's talking about.

Comment

Gramps, this entire thread consists of armchair QB posts (seriously, like all of them).

..LOL at Gramps.... I'm a whole 50 years old....for you to be calling me gramps you would need to be in your twenties which means your ***** just dropped, you don't know anything yet even though you think you know it all and you're probably still looking to get your first taste judging by the avatar pic..

Also, how the hell do I have direct ties to UGA all of the sudden lol?

Because you are talking in absolutes as if you are a member of Georgia's staff and you know for sure they didn't want to be there. You are not well versed in sarcasm .

Sooooo. Let's take something we read online that Aggies for the most part propagated epidemically. Portray it under the guise that "I'm not an Aggie" and that I came up with the theory all by myself so its for sure true.... And then roll with it like it's gospel because some folks that hate Texas say so. I mean how gullible do you have to be? I think I'm gonna take Kirby's word for it that they came to play and got their butts kicked ....not Bill Ray Fartknocker

Comment

Lmao.....gramps!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                    I'll shave a mohawk if Garrett survives the season (that's for all you 1310 ticket fans)

Yours wouldn't come close to the beauty that is the JubHawk! Lol but I hope you are right! The clapper needs to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                      Yours wouldn't come close to the beauty that is the JubHawk! Lol but I hope you are right! The clapper needs to go!

Very veerry true!! #jubhawkforlife

Comment

..LOL at Gramps.... I'm a whole 50 years old....for you to be calling me gramps you would need to be in your twenties which means your ***** just dropped, you don't know anything yet even though you think you know it all and you're probably still looking to get your first taste judging by the avatar pic..

Because you are talking in absolutes as if you are a member of Georgia's staff and you know for sure they didn't want to be there. You are not well versed in sarcasm .

Sooooo. Let's take something we read online that Aggies for the most part propagated epidemically. Portray it under the guise that "I'm not an Aggie" and that I came up with the theory all by myself so its for sure true.... And then roll with it like it's gospel because some folks that hate Texas say so. I mean how gullible do you have to be? I think I'm gonna take Kirby's word for it that they came to play and got their butts kicked ....not Bill Ray Fartknocker
                        judging by avatar pics? That's real SMART

What the is he supposed to say "I suck and these kids didn't give a ****."?
                        He's got a program to run and recruit still, and saying the wrong thing hurts them in recruiting. If you think podium coach speak is the the truth then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Lmao.....gramps!!!!!

Shut it PeePaw... you’ve got living proof[emoji12]

Comment

My $0.02 take on having a consistent CFP team is this. To compete at the natty level your program has to consistently have 10 and 10+ win seasons. That alone is a very difficult thing to do. Mack Brown accomplished that for a pretty good run at UT. Next, the dang ball is a weird shape, so at some point in the season its going to bounce in a unfortunate direction and cost you at least one game. Many times this will be to a team your team wasn't suppose to lose to. Bad thing for Mack was Stoopes had his number most years and knocked Texas outa the CCG regardless of which way "the ball bounced".

At this point I'd like to just see UT get back to those consistent 10 win seasons and win some conference titles. Do that and the rest will come. Of course the Horns fan base will still want to burn the program down and get a new coach after each loss no matter what the season records are.

My thought on Herman is he still has to build a consistent 10 win program for many seasons. Then one season the talent will align, the stars will align, OU will go thru a misalignment cycle, and if the ball happens to bounce the right way a time or two during the season... Coach Herman might get his natty. "Alignment".

As much as I hate to say it... Kudos to the Land Thieves for pulling off replacing a highly successful coach with coach that for all appearances may end up more successful.

Sorry, got a bit off topic and long winded. BTW, the score after 4 sits... Target Buck 4, Rawbits 0

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Body of work...focus Bob.

Recruiting that high should have produced a better outcome thus far.

10 losses eliminates your tad bit...

Saturday will be telling...

Comment

Which football coach gets fired first?

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                                Body of work...focus Bob.

Recruiting that high should have produced a better outcome thus far.

10 losses eliminates your tad bit...

Saturday will be telling...

Horse hockey.....Saban was 19-8 (7-6 in year one) in his first two seasons at Alabama and ended his second season with a loss in the Sugar Bowl.....Same game Herman just won last season.. They both took over **** programs and were building in the first two years.. I'd argue after the Strong ****show, including a dumpsterfire coffer at QB, Texas was in worse shape than Bama. I'm not saying Tom is Nick but they both had bad first seasons....with real nice 2nd seasons with a trip to a NY6 bowl. I think we can agree that Herman is no Saban but so far he's **** sure improving the program..

To nitpick that Herman should have produced a better outcome when the greatest coach in NCAA history had a similar start record wise is just pure Texas hate colored glasses.
                                Last edited by Smart; 10-10-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X