No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed down Thursday ahead of the stronger front. Was supposed to go this past weekend but saw the forecast and changed my plans! Hope it was the right choice, at least I won't be sweating my a## off!!

Comment

Going weekend of the 19th. Gotta get some management deer down before we can start focusing on this guy. We’re between Encinal and Laredo.

Comment

Going down Saturday morning, gonna do some more brush work then drive around feed to look at deer, or maybe dove hunt, we have a lot of birds but finding a flight path has been tricky, it doesn’t help I’ve only got to hunt 2 times

Comment

Hunted the last two days. Lots of action around the feeder. Saw a ton of deer. Including my target buck. A good solid 140s ten. Unfortunately he came in this morning before daylight and was pushed out by hogs by the time I could see my sights.

He hung around out of range for a while to see if the hogs would leave. They didn't but I did get a couple quick pics of him and some video. Also had a heck of a 8 point still in velvet make a pass through last night. He was young. Like three year old young. Can't wait to see him in a couple years.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Muddy Bud; 10-08-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The big 8.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Muddy Bud; 10-08-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Had a great weekend, movement was awesome! Saw a couple of future shooters, several does and young bucks, coyotes, bobcat and of course a ton of javelina. Good times. Oh and got a stud of a 9 on camera.

Comment

It’s been quiet on here with bow season going on.

Anybody check the weather for opening weekend of rifle? For the first time I can remember opening weekend will not be in the high 80’s to mid 90’s!

51 as a low for now means high 40’s at the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  It’s been quiet on here with bow season going on.

Anybody check the weather for opening weekend of rifle? For the first time I can remember opening weekend will not be in the high 80’s to mid 90’s!

51 as a low for now means high 40’s at the ranch.

Digging the avatar Uncle Baby Billy.

Headed down this weekend for the front, should be COLD Saturday morning. I'll have my 6yr old with me for his first trip, already bought 5 bottles of fuel for the Mr. Buddy!

Who else is headed down this weekend? Should be awesome!

Comment

I’ll be heading to Starr county, should be nice. It’s going to be 50’s low and high of 60’s. Not cold but enjoyable for sure. Hopefully something comes out.

Comment

I lucked out and tagged my Target buck last Sunday Morning. Buck of a Lifetime. Good luck to everyone else this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                        I lucked out and tagged my Target buck last Sunday Morning. Buck of a Lifetime. Good luck to everyone else this coming weekend.

Wow! Congrats on a amazing deer.

Not sure I would work the rest of the year with something like that on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post

Beast mode! Congratulations!

Comment

Deer are starting to move. Finally got a no doubt target buck on camera. Make me glad we made the move from the Hill Country to STX!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              Deer are starting to move. Finally got a no doubt target buck on camera. Make me glad we made the move from the Hill Country to STX!

I have nothing on camera hardly at all.

Deer where everywhere this afternoon probably seen between 35 and 40.

Seen a monster Nilgai Bull and a young bull this am.

Comment

My morning was slow. No movement on deer except a couple of javis and pigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X