Green screen medical braintrust ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green screen medical braintrust ??

Ok, I know I need to find a doctor so let's skip those replies. I just moved early June and have travel for the next 3 weeks plus golf tourneys every weekend. When that's done I'll find a new GP and a cardiologist since I'm due.

Now, I've been living mostly on keto (with too frequent fail days) for the last 2 years. Down from 280 to 220lbs. Recently I'm having not only more muscle soreness but also more joint pain than normal. I'm waking up an night with pain in my shoulder which probably needed surgery 10 years ago and also have really, really stiff fingers. I'd think arthritis except within a half hour of getting awake and active all the pain and stiffness is gone.

CBD is not helping nor does THC (except for my attitude) and I'm working dang hard on making certain my hydration and electrolytes are right.

Is this just getting old? I'm only 46. If this is what it's gonna be like, I'm about to turn up the party baby cause I don't care to be around for this mess

When I was about 36 I was having the same general issues. I was in pretty good shape... back then. I had played some sports and was then on SWAT. I was working out and running. Then I started gets various pains. Nothing serious but aggravating stuff that I wasn’t used to. Stiff knees, sore hands, heels hurt when I got up in the mornings but just for a few minutes.

I asked my mother about it since she was a nurse in a doctors office. Her response?

How old are you? I told her and she just laughed and said.... “It is just starting”.

Comment

.... and she was right.

Comment

Make sure you're eating enough, getting enough zinc/magnesium, and sleeping enough. Recovery is important, especially since it dont get any easier over the years.

Comment

I had severe joint and muscle pains, that were not related to the cancer I was being treated for, or the broken femur I had recovered from. The oncologist runs a several page blood workup every 4 weeks prior to having an immunotherapy infusion (opdivo). One treatment he said my thyroid numbers were too low. That explained why despite dieting I couldn't lose any weight. So he started me on levathyroxin, and in about 2 weeks most all of the pain was gone, and a month and a half later I had lost the weight I couldn't keep off. I followed up with an endocrinologist, and the thyroid numbers have stabilized. Other than old injuries and the surgery site on my spine, I don't have the aches and pains I had been living with, and have been able to greatly lower my pain med consumption.

When you do see your doc, make sure he runs a very thorough set of bloodworks.

Comment

Google Polymyalgia Rheumatica and see if it fits your problem. It took seeing 4 different doctors before I found out this was my problem. Thank goodness, predisone keeps it down. I know your age is just a little younger than me, but this stuff can be rough.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              .... and she was right.
              You are probably close to the grave, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Airtech View Post
                Google Polymyalgia Rheumatica and see if it fits your problem. It took seeing 4 different doctors before I found out this was my problem. Thank goodness, predisone keeps it down. I know your age is just a little younger than me, but this stuff can be rough.
                I probably havent taken prednisone in 20 years and just reading the word I can taste it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  Ok, I know I need to find a doctor so let's skip those replies. I just moved early June and have travel for the next 3 weeks plus golf tourneys every weekend. When that's done I'll find a new GP and a cardiologist since I'm due.

Now, I've been living mostly on keto (with too frequent fail days) for the last 2 years. Down from 280 to 220lbs. Recently I'm having not only more muscle soreness but also more joint pain than normal. I'm waking up an night with pain in my shoulder which probably needed surgery 10 years ago and also have really, really stiff fingers. I'd think arthritis except within a half hour of getting awake and active all the pain and stiffness is gone.

CBD is not helping nor does THC (except for my attitude) and I'm working dang hard on making certain my hydration and electrolytes are right.

Is this just getting old? I'm only 46. If this is what it's gonna be like, I'm about to turn up the party baby cause I don't care to be around for this mess
                  Can't help with the problem, but with age, it doesn't get better. I didn't notice any real deterioration until about 64. I know I wasn't the person I was at 22, but no pain or stiffness set in until about then.

Comment

Are you on any medications? With KETO, you have to take suppliments for vitamins since you may be skipping some needed vitamins.
                    Congrats on the weight loss. I have been on KETO for about 8 weeks and most of my joint pains and muscle aches have gone away.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                    X