No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like others we molly whopped the birds this weekend.

It's been a long time since I've had to leave doves flying because we were all limited out early.

Comment

Anybody take any deer yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed down this weekend. Plans to shoot a doe and possibly management if a good candidate shows up.

Comment

What kind of fawn crop's is everyone seeing? we flew last week and had a 40%

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
            What kind of fawn crop's is everyone seeing? we flew last week and had a 40%

I’ve seen more this year than I remember seeing last year[emoji23]

Comment

I’m not hunting till November......had to go and have another baby this summer! But things are looking good and some great candidates to chase. At least it should be a bit cooler by then.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Comment

Headed down tomorrow...
                Attached Files

Comment

Hoping to head down Friday. Taking the bow and shotgun. Dove #s will determine if I bow hunt or not.

Comment

I'll be heading down Monday. Was there yesterday, did a little mowing and saw alot of doe and finally some fawns. I was starting to get a little worried with the drought. But we have been getting some showers pretty regular. Not wash outs but it's rain. Got one good buck coming into one of my sets. Only got one pic of him at the cattle trough one night, can't tell if he's a 9 or 10 point but I believe he'll be close to 150.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hunted Sunday - Wednesday trying to get this guy to make an appearance. He is just not coming in during shooting light. Hopefully he will change his pattern. He coming in at 5am - 6:30am. Not much deer movement right now. All movement is first and last 45 minutes of day light. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Hoping to head down Friday. Taking the bow and shotgun. Dove #s will determine if I bow hunt or not.
                        Dove numbers are awesome. 20 minute 30 shell limit tonight. I'll say this was the best dove hunt I've ever had.

Plan was to bowhunt tomorrow evening. Guess I'll have to wake up and shoot another limit to keep to that plan

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow that’s a nice one ^

Comment

Anyone going this weekend? I wasn't planning on it but the weather man is trying to talk me in to rearranging a few things!

Comment

Heading down Tuesday night to hunt the cold front. Hopefully get some of the deer on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X