No announcement yet.

How far for 3 sits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be how far for 1 sit? Next 2 may be unnecessary if all goes well.

Comment

Used to drive 5.5 hours now it’s only 2.

Comment

I will walk 275 yards(one way) for my hunts this weekend.

Comment

1/2 Mile

Comment

I drive 4 hours one way for 3 sits 2-3 times a season, usually in and around the rut. I’ll take an extra day opening weekend, and I teach, so I’ll be off for a week at thanksgiving and two at Christmas.

Comment

250 miles (a little under 5 hours). I actually prefer this setup than when I had a place to hunt that was only 15 minutes from my house. I hunt for a lot of reasons and one of them is to get away from the day to day grind. I never felt like I was doing that when I was hunting so close to home. I love the different terrain and feeling of really being away from the everyday life when I get to my club. Not to mention the drive is a quiet place to just think, listen to a few podcasts, music, etc. which I find so hard to make time for in everyday life.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                Think I’ll be the only one out there [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Well send me pictures of a big one.

-john

Comment

Used to drive 3.5 hours but wasn't making enough trips to justify the money. Now, i'm only 1.5 hr away so making the trip almost every weekend.

Comment

I'm driving 3.5 hours to do 2 sits, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday, but my sits are all day long. Daylight till dark.

Comment

Doesn’t matter, you only need that “one” sit to make a season or have a career moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I normally try to do a minimum of 5 sits but circumstances will be different this year so I will be doing several 3 sit trips - 6 hours one way.

Comment

If I'm driving towards cooler weather, I'd drive a few hundred miles! If I'm headed to somewhere as equally as warm as it is here, then I'm not going lol.

Comment

88 miles

Comment

As I have gotten older it’s changed
                              At one time it was 275 miles for three “hunts”.
                              Now it’s 100 miles. But when I go hunting now it’s usually 2 nights.
                              Doesn’t matter if I kill or not, I always go out and enjoy the wildlife.

Comment

300 miles, it only takes one sit to get the buck you are looking for but timing that sit isn't easy. I'm passing up this weekend for a crappie trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X