No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your just a killer! Save some for grxh though. Its why I stopped. I got 5 already!

Comment

And your hunting my spot!

Comment

Get out my spots Carnage!!!

Comment

I'll be scouting out Sore Finger Sunday and Monday, and likely camping at Willis Creek Park. This is your invite to drop by and say 'Hi'. Red GMC pickup, TARDIS stick on back window.

As to the debate on hog tags, could it be there is a crosswire in communication? Are there some who are hunting without the Public Hunting Lands permit, but are getting the CoE hog tags, while the other side has their PHL permit & hunting license and doesn't need the CoE tags?

Comment

Well I scouted pecan grove and put out corn and built a blind. Then a local guy said they won't touch my corn until night. Is this true?! Thankyou. I'm planning on trying different areas but was curious about the pecan grove if it was really that hard to get them to eat corn in daylight. Thx

Comment

Yes most time they don't touch it till dark... iis hard getting them on camera in daylight feeding on corn..... best option just to walk and stalk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
                Yes most time they don't touch it till dark... iis hard getting them on camera in daylight feeding on corn..... best option just to walk and stalk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Thanks!

Comment

This late in the game they bed up in the thickest nastiest stuff they can find and sleep all day until its dark!!!

Comment

You will not see them unless its overcast rainy and cold otherwise they don't move until dark! U can jump them from the briars but they are not stopping to look back like a deer. Lol

Comment

U can't hunt at night so corn is a waste of $$$ now!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                        You will not see them unless its overcast rainy and cold otherwise they don't move until dark! U can jump them from the briars but they are not stopping to look back like a deer. Lol

Yep, there ain’t no stopping speed-pigs with a whistle or a grunt. They just keep on moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post
                          I'll be scouting out Sore Finger Sunday and Monday, and likely camping at Willis Creek Park. This is your invite to drop by and say 'Hi'. Red GMC pickup, TARDIS stick on back window.

As to the debate on hog tags, could it be there is a crosswire in communication? Are there some who are hunting without the Public Hunting Lands permit, but are getting the CoE hog tags, while the other side has their PHL permit & hunting license and doesn't need the CoE tags?
                          I don't think there isn't any honest "debate" going on. Go back and reread the stuff on tags, permits, orange ... its just a bunch of nonsense. I stepped into it too. You've been Granger'd I think. Sounds like your doing just fine. Best of luck.

Comment

Did a good scout of Sore Finger today, covering about 5 miles. The North part of Sore Finger has lots of deer sign, but didn't see any pig sign. But the farther south I went into the Finger, the more it resembled a swamp. I followed the main old road, it is elevated 3 or so feet from the terrain. The goal was to get to the south forest groves, but by the time I reached the south point, it is swamp. The game trails are underwater. Standing water is everywhere out there. At 4 different points, I tried to make it to groves to the east, and all 4 attempts failed due to deep mud. I think it may have rained last night, combined with the high water has saturated the soil, and the clay component isn't letting the water drain out.

So I can't recommend Sore Finger this week. If someone else knows where the high ground is, I'd love to find out, as I couldn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                              Pigs sure do like overcasts, but do they at least come out right before dark in the more remote sections? I'm new to granger. I usually find pigs, I was all over them on my first trip to Somerville and I get em Good in the Sam Houston but spent the day at pecan grove and never caught a glimpse or heard any. I was hoping the other sections were better than pecan grove. From what I read I should check out sore finger. Thanx for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post

Yeah, hog tags are the joke that keeps on giving.

CoE says you don't have to wear orange there, TPWD says you do, so the smart thing to do is to wear it, if for no other reason than keeping an arrow out of your azz.

Comment

Working...
                                X