When is a doe a trophy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is a doe a trophy?

When you take it off of a small parcel of land that you own, in a heavily hunted area.
    Sure, I'd have loved to see a big buck, but those are few and far between in this area.
    Making a great shot and seeing her fall within 25 yds didn't hurt my feelings, either.

Any deer buck or doe is a trophy in my book. Congrats

Comment

That is a trophy. Good job and congrats

Comment

Congratulations, nothing like taking a deer on your own ground where you have been putting in the work all year to make improvements.

Comment

Always. It's just a different trophy no less no more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waydago!
            After 4 years I am hoping to put my name on the ( ranch killed ) space. I just have 11
            Acres but do have deer in the back.

Comment

Always

Comment

Anything is a trophy to the guy who sees it as one. Otherwise I think of that old smart doe that shows up with an attitude and eventually circles you to catch your wind. It’s extra sweet to put an arrow through that one! Congrats on some meat on your own place!

Comment

No matter if it has horns or not, my family celebrates every bow kill!!! If it’s one of the younger ones or the girls..... we celebrate even more.

But, seeing that I have killed countless deer in my short lived period, a doe to me is just that. Even a 130” buck is “ok”.... I feel like I’m at the part in my life where I chase them harder than I ever had. I have a little experience behind me and looking for that one that gets my legs shaking

Comment

Any doe that catches you a couple times and let’s all the other deer around know you are there is a trophy. Everyone has a different idea of a trophy. I figure trophy’s are in the eye of the beholder. We can’t all have great leases or own hundreds or thousands of acres to hunt on. I guess what I want to say is if you are proud of it then absolutely it is a trophy.

Comment

I have a wise old doe that has been busting me and running off all the other deer for going on three seasons. She’s one of those “sixth sense” does that are the bane of a bowhunters existence. I think I’d feel more satisfaction from killing her than one of our target bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        When you take it off of a small parcel of land that you own, in a heavily hunted area.
                        Sure, I'd have loved to see a big buck, but those are few and far between in this area.
                        Making a great shot and seeing her fall within 25 yds didn't hurt my feelings, either.
                        Heck yeah

Comment

Today.

We’ve been hunting them hard

Comment

When ever one of my Grand kids kill one for me.

Comment

As long as it makes you happy....other folk’s feelings shouldn’t h e anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X