Moving a Manufactured Building…need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving a Manufactured Building…need advice

I need some advice regarding moving a previously-owned manufactured building (like a construction trailer or portable classroom) and I’m hoping to harness the collective knowledge of the Green Screen for help in "knowing what I don’t know" about this process.

Do any of you have experience or knowledge related to moving such buildings? How to find a reputable mover? Permits and inspections needed? How to prep for a move?

Would appreciate any insight or wisdom you have to share.

Make sure construction workers or children are removed first. That is the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Buuuuuump. :-)

Comment

What size building? How far is the move?

Comment

Is it short enough that it can be winched up on to the bed of a tow truck?

Comment

A picture of the building would help , distance moving.
          I bought a 12x 50 2 br 1 b trailer and got 5day paper moving permit, and pulled it from San Antonio to encinal , using my 1 ton, txdot required we move in daylight and not exceed 55mph , it was a heavy hard pull but done

Comment

Originally posted by Jnorth View Post
            What size building? How far is the move?
            The building is 15' x 70'. Going from San Marcos to Laredo.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
              Is it short enough that it can be winched up on to the bed of a tow truck?
              I don't think so. Dimensions are 15' x 70'. Assume I'll need someone with a toter and two chase cars.

Comment

Find a trailer house moving company of your choice. They will take care of the permits and legalities

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I don't think so. Dimensions are 15' x 70'. Assume I'll need someone with a toter and two chase cars.
                  Probably will
                  Mine was super sketch going though sa with out a leader or chase
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-02-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

You will need a trailer house mover for that one.

Comment

Have made significant progress since posting my original query. I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say that you would not believe the number of municipal, state, and federal regulations are involved with all functions related to portable buildings. With as many certifications, licenses, and fees involved, it's no wonder they've gotten so expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Have made significant progress since posting my original query. I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say that you would not believe the number of municipal, state, and federal regulations are involved with all functions related to portable buildings. With as many certifications, licenses, and fees involved, it's no wonder they've gotten so expensive!
                        That’s why I did a DIY tow , txdot handed me my permit and route I bought a 2 7/8th ball and hooked and drove 50mph as requested
                        Doubtful it was 100% legal

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          That’s why I did a DIY tow , txdot handed me my permit and route I bought a 2 7/8th ball and hooked and drove 50mph as requested
                          Doubtful it was 100% legal
                          As Harry Callahan once said, "A man's got to know his limitations," and I'm happy to cop to mine: I have no business driving anything longer than a pick-up truck.

That said, you must have had some kinda ride!

Comment

Here is one in Kerrville with good reviews:

The cost to move a mobile home depends on whether you do it yourself or hire mobile home movers. Read more to find out which strategy is best for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X