Cracked tooth! Root canal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked tooth! Root canal!

Started getting a toothache Friday night. Tried 2 what they called themselves, 24 hour emergency Dentists here over Saturday and Sunday and none answered the phone. Finally got into one today at 11. Found out one tooth on my back right lower jaw has a crack in in an that is where the pain is coming from. Pain goes from almost nothing to a throbbing 10! Very, very hard to sleep or do anything when your head and jaw throb!

Dentist said, ROOT CANAL and CROWN! ****, $2800 in one fell swoop!

Maybe I need to start a GOFUND me account.

There goes my new Grill Guard, Bed Liner and Tool Box for my new F350!

Yank it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a second openion...................

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        Yank it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This^^^^^ Lots cheaper.

Comment

J.B. Weld!

Comment

If it’s fractured bad enough for it to hurt like that there is a chance it’s not restorable. If that fracture extends down the root below bone the root canal won’t fix it. I haven’t seen very good work from the emergency dental clinics. A CT will show you what an X-ray will not. You can always have it removed and spend the extra money on your truck. Replace it with an implant down the road if needed. A second opinion is never a bad idea before you drop that much money. Good luck.
            Did you take a pic of the X-ray?

Comment

cheaper to pull it, i just had two teeth pulled last monday, the dentist wanted $1400, i went to u.t dental school, everything done for $300

Comment

UT dental school. 4 wisdom teeth $16.00.

Comment

Dang, you guys get teeth pulled like you're getting a hair cut!!! Brush them things better!!

Comment

Pull it !
                    BC powder and rub it on the tooth and gum line. Or take a few hydrocodine and chase it with 3-5 beer. Pain is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Started getting a toothache Friday night. Tried 2 what they called themselves, 24 hour emergency Dentists here over Saturday and Sunday and none answered the phone. Finally got into one today at 11. Found out one tooth on my back right lower jaw has a crack in in an that is where the pain is coming from. Pain goes from almost nothing to a throbbing 10! Very, very hard to sleep or do anything when your head and jaw throb!

Had a root canal earlier today. Wednesday, 2 crowns...$1700 total.

Comment

Don’t wait. 10 years ago, I had a toothache and delayed seeing the dentist. When it became unbearable I went and had a root canal done. Didn’t fix it. Crack was around tooth and 3 different dentist couldn’t see it on the x-rays. Long story short, by the time it was said and done, I had been through 3 rounds of anti- biotics, and a round of steroids, and still ended up having to have the tooth pulled. Between the antibiotics and steroids, I lost all the good bacteria in my body, and stayed sick for a year. Don’t procrastinate.

Comment

Holy Crap, cracked a tooth two weeks ago and was quoted $750 total for the same thing. I would get a second opinion.

Comment

Pull that sucker! You won’t miss it

Comment

Same deal here.
                              Bottom right molar.
                              3200 root canal vs 350 extraction.
                              It's gone and after polishing off the sharp edges of the next tooth i haven't missed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X