Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rookie Duck Hunting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie Duck Hunting Question

I've only been duck hunting 4 times in my whole life and the last time was 11 years ago on an invite to Seadrift and Indianola. I just went to Academy to get my Federal Duck Stamp and to add a Migratory Game Bird endorsement to my current license. I have "Federal Duck Stamp" on the license now but expected to be given more. Is that all I need? Do they send you the actual duck stamp in the mail? Sorry for the rookie questions but I didn't grow up waterfowl hunting...just four legged critters.

Yes,,,you will get a duck stamp in the mail. Attach it to the box above the signature line on the back of your license. Keep the receipt until you get the duck stamp in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I've only been duck hunting 4 times in my whole life and the last time was 11 years ago on an invite to Seadrift and Indianola. I just went to Academy to get my Federal Duck Stamp and to add a Migratory Game Bird endorsement to my current license. I have "Federal Duck Stamp" on the license now but expected to be given more. Is that all I need? Do they send you the actual duck stamp in the mail? Sorry for the rookie questions but I didn't grow up waterfowl hunting...just four legged critters.
      You used to get the stamp immediately but now it's mailed.

Did you get HIP certification?

Comment

Federal stamp comes in the mail, you just need to make sure you have your HIP cert, and migratory bird endorsement shown on your license.

Basically if you buy a super combo you're good

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          You used to get the stamp immediately but now it's mailed.

Did you get HIP certification?
          Crap... they didn't put the HIP on there. I guess I'll have to go back up there.

Comment

Don't forget to sign the front of your duck stamp once you attach it to your license as well.

Comment

Crap... they didn't put the HIP on there. I guess I'll have to go back up there.
              Yea you definitely don't want to get caught without it.

Comment

Make sure when you get the stamp in the mail that you stick it on the back of the license AND sign your name across the front of the stamp.

Comment

Thanks guys... looks like I'm good except for getting them to throw the HIP on there. Hopefully Saturday morning near the coast isn't a monsoon.

Comment

Thanks guys... looks like I'm good except for getting them to throw the HIP on there. Hopefully Saturday morning near the coast isn't a monsoon.
                    Suck it up! Ducks don't mind the rain!

Comment

What’s hip?

I just got my temp duck stamp last week and waiting in the real one

Comment

When the stamp comes make sure your wife doesn't throw it away. They will not give you another one, and you have to make another "donation" to the government! Guess how I know this..

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          What’s hip?

I just got my temp duck stamp last week and waiting in the real one
                          HIP = Hunter Information Program, I think. It is where they ask how many of all the bird species you harvested last season so they can track things.

Make sure to wear your armadillo hat so they can't read the brainwaves and tell if you are lying.

Comment

They will just issue another printout with the HIP certification on it and you can keep it with your current license. They left it off both my boy's this year, even after being reminded twice,,,

Comment

Not a dumb question at all.... reading this just made me realized I never received my stamp this year!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X