Practice Platforms or Elevation Setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice Platforms or Elevation Setups

So I’m all in. Get my new-to-me Heli-M setup and I’m loving it. I live on 15 acres and 13 of it has frequent visitors of the bovine variety on a rotational grazing program. 2 acres is the house and plenty of room to shoot. This year my hunting is ground level and it’s been fun but as I learn in preparation. For next year, I’ll be looking to hunt off the ground more. Curious to see how y’all have setup ways to practice that shot. I don’t have mature trees here in Gunter like I can hunt out of in Athens so I’m curious on different ways to get in the air for practice. I’ve considered buying a tri or quad pod or constructing a 12-16 ft shooting platform. I’d love to see some pictures if y’all have some.

We use a forklift with and a crate that we set up for shooting out of.

Comment

I built this to put along the 3D course at the archery club. For the sake of safety it is only 6 feet tall so we put it on the edge of a ravine. At 20 yards it’s like shooting from about 18’ up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not 12-16', but I've shot from the enge of my roof and on top of the tool box on my truck to get a little elevation.

Comment

Shoot off the roof of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
            Shoot off the roof of your house.
            This is what I do.

Comment

I’ve shot out of tractor buckets, house roof and now have a 16’ ladder stand in back yard that’s not being used for anything but practice.

I also like climbing practice with my loc on, sticks or gaffs. I just like climbing and setting up.

Comment

Working...
              X