X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
    Sorry about that.

-1 gallon jar
    -1 pineapple cut up into chunks (leave skin on).
    - 1 8oz block of piloncillo(Mexican cane sugar)
    -1 cinnamon stick
    -1 chilli

Put everything in the jar. Take a muddler and smash it a little bit. Then pour in some water and shake the jar to dissolve the sugar. After that fill up the jar with water. Wait 2-3 days then start tasting it. I don't like to let mine sit passed 4days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    What are you tasting for? In other words is that how you know it's ready? What do you do with it when it's ready (aside from drink it)?

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
      What are you tasting for? In other words is that how you know it's ready? What do you do with it when it's ready (aside from drink it)?
      After about 2-days the pineapples will start to ferment causing it turn fizzy. You should taste sweetness from the pineapple, a little spice from the cinnamon and chili. It has a lot of probiotics from the natural yeast/bacteria on the skin. It's ready when it's to your liking. Some people like to let it sit for up to a week. For me that's to long and it begins to start tasting like cheap hooch. Most people just drink for the probiotics and it tastes good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for not keeping up with this thread. These threads go so fast It got lost.
        As said, I have a 9 tray Excalibur dehydrator and can out several P'apples on @ A time,
        I use a mandolin set on the thickest cut which makes them about 1/4" thick. Put them on the trays as close together as possible without touching. Temp @ 150 and it takes at least 12 hours. May need more time due to lots of things, humidity is one. They do not come out dry but I at least like them dry enough to not be sticky. More like a fruit leather.
        I do not put sugar on them as I like the somewhat tart natural flavor. For variation I
        will dust with some cinnamon. Other spices may be useful too. I grow mint at times and have had thoughts of drying and grinding some mint leaves and trying that but have not done so yet.
        Hope this helps!
        Last edited by locolobo; 10-20-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X