Last Two Sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Two Sits

Well, went to my newest stand Thursday AM as the winds were right. In the seat at 6, well before shooting light/feeder spin (7:15) At 7:05 I hear the crunch-crunch of something coming in from my right rear (upwind). Then I spot two, then three deer standing about 5 yds from my stand, checking out the pen. Finally go into the pen and start scarfing corn. Still too dark (under the oaks and very cloudy) to see anything, but I was thinking one of had some antlers. Then about 30-35 yds out in an open area I see a darker deer and it definitely has antlers. Well, to sum things up, none of the 3 bucks was legal (AR county) and I decided the doe was too small to shoot, so I got to sit and observe their behaviors. One thing I noticed--if they needed to dump, they jumped out of the pen and walked away maybe 5 yds, did their business, and returned for more corn.

Although they semi-spooked twice and once when the feeder spun, the last one didn't leave until 8:45. Here's a game cam pic from that morning--

Went to another stand this morning and sat in the misting rain but saw nothing--

Never seen em jump out of the pen to poop

Comment

Working...
    X