No announcement yet.

Need a new rifle - can’t decide which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between the CM and the PRC?

Comment

They use the same bullet, but the PRC uses a larger case, so more powder. You will get more velocity from the PRC compared to the CM. For what I will do the CM will work for about all situations, but really, I just want a PRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
        I don't know if current ammo availability is a factor, but I think 6.5 CM ammo is quite a bit more available than PRC from what I've seen.
        Not right now it isnt. At least not at my distributors. Could be all the big boys bought it all.
        EDIT: Neither of them are available. lol But you're right there are a lot more manufacturers of CM at least right now.
        Last edited by roughneck266; 09-16-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

as mentioned CA has a hit or miss rep for quite awhile now. I have the hells and a bergara and dont believe you can go wrong with either. have taken animals with both at over 200 yds. obviously not crazy distance but has served me well

Comment

Roughly 300 FPS is the short answer. You can shoot the heavier bullets (150s) with prc as it’s fast enough to stabilize. But, you really need a medium or long action to really pull performance out of a prc.

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            What's the difference between the CM and the PRC?

Comment

If you get the Xbolt go ahead and order this as well.

New Browning X Bolt Trigger Spring Kit will reduce your Trigger Pull from 4.5lbs to 2.5lbs. M*CARBO Browning X Bolt trigger adjustment is the best way to improve performance and accuracy. It's like the jewell trigger for your browning x bolt. Do your own browning x bolt trigger job in less than 20 minutes. M*CARBO Browning X Bolt Aftermarket Trigger!

Comment

I bought the Christensen Ridgeline 6.5 Creedmoor for my wife and son a few months ago. Very impressed with the quality. It will stack them up with the hornady 143 gr eldx.

Comment

I'd recommend the 6.5 version of the TC Compass. I'm consistently nailing steel at 600 yards with very little effort.

Comment

I think I’m going to go with a Bergara. The general consensus out there is they are great shooting rifles from what I’ve heard and read. They also test each one with a 3 shot 100 yard group. That sounds like some good QC to me. Now I’ve started looking at the Premier Approach and the Premier Highlander. CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I find 6.5PRC ammo every time I go to academy or Scheels(which is more often than I should admit). It’s not nearly as scarce as some people would have you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        I find 6.5PRC ammo every time I go to academy or Scheels(which is more often than I should admit). It’s not nearly as scarce as some people would have you believe.

I'd agree you can find some kind of 6.5 PRC ammo in quite a few places, but can you find anything other than the cheap plinker stuff or Hornady?

In my experience over the past few months, it's nonexistent.

Comment

Man the Bergara wilderness is a lot of fun for the money

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                            If you get the Xbolt go ahead and order this as well.

https://www.mcarbo.com/browning-x-bo...pring-kit.aspx
                            Link isn't working. What am I looking for?

Comment

I've got a Soft spot for the Bergara..
                              The Scopesmith in Houston probably has everything
                              In stock just waiting to be drooled over..

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
                                I've got a Soft spot for the Bergara..
                                The Scopesmith in Houston probably has everything
                                In stock just waiting to be drooled over..

Never heard of them. I’ll check them out! I do need to sell a gun before I buy this one. At least that’s what I told myself I had to do....

Comment

Working...
                                X