What Sitka jacket for Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sitka jacket for Tx

What Sitka jacket have you found good for bow hunting here in Tx. Not talking about one ro wear to the box stand the turn on Mr Buddy.

you better have several jackets or several layers if you are going to hunt Texas.

Last weekend in West Texas, it went from 90 to 30 degrees between two sits!

I like the Sitka line a lot, but I also still wear my heavy TBH predator fleece sometimes.

My usual is a fleece shirt, a vest and a medium weight jacket on top.

Comment

I have the sitka stratus. I also purchased the fanatic vest. Finally dropped the coin this year for it and that combo was worth every penny. The stratus was good for 70 degree with a t shirt underneath all the way down to the upper 20's with some layering and the vest. I was pretty impressed. I wore it as far north as Kansas and had no issues. I sweat a lot and it dried out really quick after entering stand. The jacket alone should take you down to around the 40s with some light layering. Good luck!

Comment

I wear a Jetstream for when I'm moving. It works well on the cold mornings with good layers. Then, when the weather heats up, you can shed the mid/base layers and open up the vents. When doing a lot of stalking, I use this setup all the way down into the low 30s. Sitting still, it's good to down around 40.

For sitting still for long periods of time, or any weather below freezing, I use the Fanatic system. All are good setups for different types of hunting. Only downside is this system is pretty prohibitive on being able to stalk a lot.
        Last edited by SB09; 12-23-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

The jetstream or mountain jacket with the right insulation needed for the temperature. I have a facebook page called "The sitka hunting gear-buy trade discuss" There's 2 guys on there that are dealers and will get you a really good deal.

Comment

Traverse hoody (it’s a zip up jacket with a hood). And the jet stream.

I have the incinerator set for when it gets super cold

Comment

in

Comment

I have light medium and heavy set ups. Wearing the incinerator right now with high 20s in Collin county.

Comment

I’ve been using first lite this year. And I just call them and tell them my conditions and buy what they recommend. It’s worked for me. Give Sitka a call they’ll know what you need

Comment

Between my Stratus and Fanatic series stuff I can be comfortable from 60° all the way down to however cold it's going to get hanging on the side of a tree. I've sat in low 20s and maybe even high teens in east Texas and was chilled but not cold.

Comment

What works for me is my Delta wading jacket is multi purpose, it's just a wind and waterproof shell that is light enough I can wear early season and leave the pit vents open and as the weather changes I'll layer up under neath with my core hoodie and base layers

Comment

The Fanatic jacket is the best jacket I've ever worn but it better be in the 30's or even in the 40's if there is some wind or else you'll start sweating rather quickly.

I can get away with just sweat pants and a Columbia quarter zip under my Gradient hoodie & Gradient pants. Wore that exact setup this weekend and it was 42 degrees with a very light wind and I was very comfortable. This gradient line is actually very quiet as well.

Granted I was sitting in a ground blind but even that type of weather still wasn't enough to wear my fanatic jacket. I've taken it to the stand a few times with me but never ended up putting in on. It has been a $450 butt pad/warmer more times than I have actually been able to wear it this season.

Comment

I also have the Stratus system. You can layer up enough underneath to sustain below freezing temps. Keep your head and feet warm and you don't need as much in the middle.

Comment

Definitely jet stream is most versatile but I’d layer it on cold days with maybe the apex hoodie or some first lite merino

Comment

Stratus with a celsius midi has handled everything I've needed. I'm in the midi with stratus vest 90% of the time though.

Comment

Working...
                              X