Hood Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood Protector

Anyone use those weathertech carbon fiber bug/stone protectors on the hood of your truck to help prevent rock chips and dings? If so, do they work?

They did back in the 80's

Comment

Rock chips on the windshield will happen no matter what brand or type of bug/rock deflector you have.

Comment

Im looking for it to protect the front of my hood, right above grill guard. I travel back road to work and big trucks throw little hwy rocks and hits front of truck, making little paint chip dings.

Comment

Maybe those clear stick on thingamajiggies. I can’t think of the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
            Maybe those clear stick on thingamajiggies. I can’t think of the name.
            Lol they're clear bras

Go to your local paint and body shop and they'll get you taken care of

Comment

That clear bra stuff costs anywhere from 300-450 dollars.

Comment

It will protect the front of your hood against the rocks for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                  Anyone use those weathertech carbon fiber bug/stone protectors on the hood of your truck to help prevent rock chips and dings? If so, do they work?

Hey there I sell truck accessories for a living and we do tint and clear bra. The clear bra stuff is the best way to go. You dont have to do the whole front of the truck if you dont want. They should be able to do the first 10-12 inches of the hood for about 100-150 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X