2023 Bob Lee Memorial Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the flyer for this year’s event.

Classes will follow TBOT classes and rules. Same as last year. If you aren’t familiar with TBOT classes, please look them up.

New for this year will be an “aided” class. Elevated rests and a small weight or bar will be allowed. When we say small, we mean 6” or under. No sights. No Olympic recurve setups. String walking is allowed in this class. SCORES FROM THIS CLASS WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE OVERALL AWARD. We added this as a means to gauge interest for future shoots.

Due to a few occurrences of targets being damaged/stolen, we will not set the range until Thursday or Friday. We don’t want the targets walking off. If you come into town early (Friday) you are welcome to shoot the practice range bags, but the competition course might not be up yet.

David Bailey’s number is at the bottom of the flyer, but feel free to call me as well with questions. Nine-seven-nine 59five 73eight four.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CamoQuest; 05-05-2023, 04:05 PM.

Bob was a great Guy! It was my pleasure to meet the man and share a camp with him and Rob!!! Great Folks!!!

Comment

I’ll be there! Maybe they will let me shoot my Oneida Screaming Eagle in that new aided class?

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 05-05-2023, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Bisch…what are we gonna do with you? …rolling eyes to Heaven… lol

Comment

I didn’t think I would have to clarify HERE of all places, but recurves, longbows, selfbows and composites only, please. No compounds, no crossbows, and none of whatever that thing is a few posts back….

Comment

But, I’m shooting off the shelf with fingers and no sights. And my doinker is only like 4” long for crying out loud!!!!!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-05-2023, 08:20 PM.

Comment

[emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                and none of whatever that thing is a few posts back….
                And btw, that is what happens when a recurve bow and a compound bow have unprotected sex!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  But, I’m shooting off the shelf with fingers and no sights. And my doinker is only like 4” long for crying out loud!!!!!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Nobody wants to hear about your doinker!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
                    Especially if his "doinker" is less than 4" long. [emoji1787]

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

On a serious note this is probably the last shoot I'll make before we head across the pond to the dark continent again so I'll do my best to shoot several rounds.

Comment

I knew someone would capitalize on Bisch’s comment there! ��

I’m gonna miss the Bob Lee shoot again. I’ll make it some day…

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
                          You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                            I knew someone would capitalize on Bisch’s comment there! ��

I’m gonna miss the Bob Lee shoot again. I’ll make it some day…
                            That's okay. I'd wear you out at this one too. [emoji16]

Comment

We are about a week and a half out from this one... Texas Longbow Championship is this weekend and the Bob Lee Memorial the following!

You'll see 40 targets again... $20 for the first round, and $15 for each additional round. We'll update on the course conditions a little closer to the actual days, but if it's wet, bring mud boots. If you've shot with us before, you know mosquito spray is a given. Maybe we'll get lucky, but we aren't holding our breath. It'll be June, and this is Texas.

With the exception of the aided class, TBOT guidelines apply as far as equipment. For the aided class, a rest, plunger, clicker, and string walking are fine. A short weight or stabilizer is okay, just keep it 6" or less. No long bars, no sights... This class DOES NOT count towards the overall award. We know a lot of people hunt with stick on rests and string walk, and we want the barebow crowd to have a fun place to shoot, too.

Jimmy's Burgers will be on hand from 11am-2pm with burgers, fries, and a drink for $12. The burgers are huge, and the fries are delicious. He takes cash and cards...

If you have any items you would like to bring for the raffle, they would be greatly appreciated. All of the money raised from the raffle goes to BCAC's scholarship fund for graduating seniors. Last year we gave away 4, $500 scholarships, and a large part of that funding was from the Bob Lee shoot.

With the exception of a small usage fee for the targets, all proceeds from the shoot go to charities or causes that Bob Lee would have supported. With the Lee family's blessing, the amount from the 1st year was given to two local animal shelters/rescues who rely solely on donations. Last year, we gave a portion toward sending a Texas Bob Lee trad shooter to represent Team USA in Italy at the 3D World Championships, and the remainder went to another local animal shelter.

We are excited to see everyone again, and hope you can make it out.
                              Last edited by CamoQuest; 05-23-2023, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X