2023 crappie thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Yes! Just get the 12 and be done!! Or buy one of my 12”s when I move to a 16”!
    Buff's looked like a 42 last year when he cruised by me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

anybody catch whiskered fish using livescope? curious how well the bottom swimmers show up.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        anybody catch whiskered fish using livescope? curious how well the bottom swimmers show up.

They show up fine. Big head. Tapered body and a wagging tail. Can find em under docks just like crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          I have livescope.. you talking timber in the lake as you head toward mouth of the river?
          Yes sir. Limitless amounts of it!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will check it out tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Yes sir. Limitless amounts of it!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
              Fished the lake a bunch just always targeted brush piles and never the standing timber

Comment

They show up just fine. You can tell it’s catfish by the shape and how they act…and of course occasionally you see one that’s 3 feet long. It is surprising how aggressive they are it times. They will hammer a jig if you put it near them at times.

Comment

D’Arbonne is over! Made a good jump on day 2 but was too far behind day one to get into money. Wednesday was too windy to prefish anywhere we wanted to check so we run and gun spots Thursday and found 2 areas we liked. Half the top 10 was there too so we were in the right area just didn’t see any good fish day 1. Day 2 we fished a little ditch right by the boat ramp and had 3 fish we would have weighted day one in the first hour then moved back to our other 2 areas. Saw better fish day 2 but it’s hard to get the big ones there to bite. They’re super spooky. We casted to them with trick sticks and 1/8oz jigs and dropped the X15 on their nose with a minnow rig when we got close enough to them. Most would take off when that minnow got close. It’s a fun lake full of fish though. Off to Murvaul next weekend and Grenada after that! Need to add to my 3 pound collection!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    D’Arbonne is over! Made a good jump on day 2 but was too far behind day one to get into money. Wednesday was too windy to prefish anywhere we wanted to check so we run and gun spots Thursday and found 2 areas we liked. Half the top 10 was there too so we were in the right area just didn’t see any good fish day 1. Day 2 we fished a little ditch right by the boat ramp and had 3 fish we would have weighted day one in the first hour then moved back to our other 2 areas. Saw better fish day 2 but it’s hard to get the big ones there to bite. They’re super spooky. We casted to them with trick sticks and 1/8oz jigs and dropped the X15 on their nose with a minnow rig when we got close enough to them. Most would take off when that minnow got close. It’s a fun lake full of fish though. Off to Murvaul next weekend and Grenada after that! Need to add to my 3 pound collection!!
                    Sorry you didn't finish in the money, but you did make a nice move up on the last day. I'm looking forward to fishing with you and Jordan next Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

They were eating good today on a baby blue hand tied jig. Look, the livescope isn't even in the water🤣
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        They were eating good today on a baby blue hand tied jig. Look, the livescope isn't even in the water🤣
                        That’s a nice catch !

Comment

Good job Michael.

Comment

Works great for cats

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              Sorry you didn't finish in the money, but you did make a nice move up on the last day. I'm looking forward to fishing with you and Jordan next Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                              Good deal! See you Sunday!

Comment

Nice!!!! I like catching black crappie! They fight hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X