This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New string speeds

Yeah, I know most don't care, but there are a few who do.

If you think it's loud, keep in mind when you watch this - the camera is only just below shelf level on the bow, and only an arrows length away.

The chronograph was tested for accuracy not long ago. It's finicky, but when it reads, it's accurate.

Rick

Video no worky for me

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Video no worky for me
      Must be you.

I just tested it on two different browsers, my wife's tablet, and her phone. Opens & plays on all.

Rick

Comment

Opened, didn't play.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Opened, didn't play.
          No clue. It's there, and it works.

Maybe lag got you when you tried to play it.

Rick

Comment

Played for me. Did not sound very loud to me. Arrow hitting the target was much louder.

Comment

Nice. I'm thinking about getting a mountain muffler for my grizzly soon...

Comment

It played finally. Sounds kind of loud but I can definitely hear the change in it between set ups. Loud it relative though,like you said. Microphone placement, etc.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a speed test using the same bow, and string, but doing it by the AMO specs of 28" draw with a 10 gpp arrow.

Rick

Comment

Great speed still. But definitely better sound wise.

Comment

Side note.

It's way harder to intentionally short draw a bow to a consistent spot, than one might think.

The draw check did it's job. Bumped the arrow off the shelf once, and pulled it off the string twice.

No way to shoot the bow any way other than at, or before that draw stop.

It was scary though. I was scared to death I was going to dry fire the bow. Made it through it though, and I'm done with that nonsense.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        Side note.

It's way harder to intentionally short draw a bow to a consistent spot, than one might think.

The draw check did it's job. Bumped the arrow off the shelf once, and pulled it off the string twice.

No way to shoot the bow any way other than at, or before that draw stop.

It was scary though. I was scared to death I was going to dry fire the bow. Made it through it though, and I'm done with that nonsense.

Rick
                        Why do I think there will be other "nonsense" in the future? [emoji1787]

Comment

Why do I think there will be other "nonsense" in the future? [emoji1787]
                          Well, I'm sure there will be, but if it requires me to risk dry firing my bow, someone else will have to do it. I won't.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                          X