No announcement yet.

Shop Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out Big *** Fan Company. They have different sizes and move a ton of air.

DJ

Comment

If building is well insulated i would seriously look into ac if you keep the doors closed. You can buy a good mini split and have alot of money to pay electric bill difference for next year or 2 vs the cost of a big *** fan or similar. And if you do not have good air flow the big fans just turn a shop into a convection oven. I know ive got a 20ft 14ft and a 16ft in different shops.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        If building is well insulated i would seriously look into ac if you keep the doors closed. You can buy a good mini split and have alot of money to pay electric bill difference for next year or 2 vs the cost of a big *** fan or similar. And if you do not have good air flow the big fans just turn a shop into a convection oven. I know ive got a 20ft 14ft and a 16ft in different shops.
        That's my problem - my shop is a garage and all fans do is blow the hot air around. I guess it helps a little and keeps the mosquitos off me but in mid/late summer the only time it is tolerable is first couple of hours in the morning.

Comment

i think a mini split is the way to go. Know a lot of people that have them in their garages. Since I bet you are handy you can get it done for well under 5k. Find a 24000 BTU one and rokc and roll

Comment

Why not stick a wind unit in the game room amd some big @$$ fans in the main shop?

Comment

Mini split is my vote.

Also, you can find a 2 or 3 ton takeout system on marketplace for 1000 or under sometimes. Buddy of mine bought a 3 ton system and it just fed into the open shop, it could cool that sucker WAY below 60* if you let it! and he did a half assss install himself, so it was far from perfect and was super cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X